Experts Please help with question

Hi
I read to file I-130, you should have affidavit from 3rd party who can testify your marriage relationship. So, I am not sure, whether my real sister will qualify as a 3rd party person of US origin who went to india to attend my marriage in india, Or is it better from my maternal aunt who also attended marri Also I was preparing a affidavit from girl's relative side. But not sure which one will be best whether from paternal uncle or girls side or from a neighbor who lives near my present wifes address

Please help understand definition of 3rd party and for me and wife, who is our best option from above mentioned choices. I am waiting to prepare file for my wife, so Please help answer the question. I cannot get joint bank accounts,life insurance etc its not feasible living in 2 different countries

Thanks

I 130 instructions describe it as alternative for proving ongoing relationshiip. I do have marriage certificate. but if a person who is not lawyer, reads i 130, he gets the impression of affidavit as alternative for those who due to living apart, cannot have joint bank accounts. As i 130 says joint bank accounts or affidavit. But I believe the real world is far away from theoratical world of i130 instructions

Experts, please guide, is that really needed

I think the confusion is about the types of proof that can be submitted to establish that the marriage is genuine (not entered into for immigration purposes.)

The list provided contains examples, some of which may not apply to the particular situation. The USCIS and the consulate understand that the type of proof of the marriage varies depending upon the length of the marriage and the situation (ie spouse still abroad.)

Affidavits aren't always needed, it depends on what other proof is available.

So, for a new marriage, start with the proof of how the couple met.

Marriage ads?

Family arrangement (get affidavits)

Communication between couple--

emails, phone records, Skype account etc.

In person meetings

travel proof/pictures

Effort put into wedding

-pictures

-bills

-invitation

-religious steps prior to marriage--classes/counseling/etc.

-date selection by astrological chart

Honeymoon

hotel/travel bills

pictures together

Steps taken in preparation for spouse to come to US

Living arrangements--larger apartment? Adding name as occupant.

And so forth....

• 3 weeks later...

I think the confusion is about the types of proof that can be submitted to establish that the marriage is genuine (not entered into for immigration purposes.)

The list provided contains examples, some of which may not apply to the particular situation. The USCIS and the consulate understand that the type of proof of the marriage varies depending upon the length of the marriage and the situation (ie spouse still abroad.)

Affidavits aren't always needed, it depends on what other proof is available.

So, for a new marriage, start with the proof of how the couple met.

Marriage ads?

Family arrangement (get affidavits)

Communication between couple--

emails, phone records, Skype account etc.

In person meetings

travel proof/pictures

Effort put into wedding

-pictures

-bills

-invitation

-religious steps prior to marriage--classes/counseling/etc.

-date selection by astrological chart

Honeymoon

hotel/travel bills

pictures together

Steps taken in preparation for spouse to come to US

Living arrangements--larger apartment? Adding name as occupant.

And so forth....

Ok  Thanks

Do I need the job letter from employer, last 3 years tax returns, paystubs to filed along with I 130(wife in India) or do I have to wait for case to goto NVC and then submit these documents when NVC asks for it. Is birth certificate of me and my wife required? I don't have birth certificate of my wife but have her passport copy

Archived