H1B Visa minimum validity needed at port of entry

akatnet

Hi,

I am on H1B and my Visa valid till 09/26/2015. I have plan to visit India this month from 04/26 – 05/16 and my dependent who is on H-4 has same Visa validity and visiting India 04/26-06/25 and our I-94 expiration date is also same.

So in my case i will have 4 months valid visa and dependent will have 3 months validity while coming back. Currently Visa stamp is from previous employer and latest I-797 from new employer has validity until 2017.

Is it advisable to have get Visa stamp as we are anyway visiting India in this case with few month validity on return? Or there is no added advantage with Visa stamp compared to Visa extn? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,  i am in same situation having visa till 06/2016 with Employer A, but i am planning to join different employer B.

i am planning to travel sep 2015, should i need to go for visa stamping with new employer B ? if no need, what should we answer during port of entry regarding the visa stamping with old employer A?.  should we say the employer is A or B at port of entry?

please advise, as i am confused.

Archived