Suggestion Required

Crybaby

Thank you so much for reading this.

I do have health insurance from my employer but it is very expensive. For a family coverage (Family of 3) he is charging $ 850. I am a GC holder. Is it possible to get good coverage from any other private insurance companies or from state govt? Or it will be best to stick with employer plan with $ 850. Thanks

I did some research on Google but not able to get any specific answers. Most sites are saying if you have employer coverage no one will entertain you but my issue is employer is charging too much and i want to pay little less.

If it is group insurance, it shouldn't be that expensive. For group insurance, there are usually different options, from HMO to PPO to Health accounts. Employers usually work with insurance brokers to give their employees different options. Talk with HR at your employer.

• 1 year later...

In majority of the cases, employer insurance coverage will be better for a given premium. Some employers contribute more so that burden on employee is less. If you are looking for outside insurance, read out exact coverage details, not just cost. With kids, chances of medical expenses are high and I recommend to have good coverage. 

Archived