Transferring from company A to B, what's the best move?

-EE-

Hi,

The company “A” is the headquarter of a software company located outside the USA (10 employees for 15 years). I worked for company “A” for 2 years before moving in the USA to get a Ms degree.

When I graduated, company “A” opened company “B” (subsidiary of “A”) in the US in order to petition my H1B. 
From there, I have been working for company “B” for the last 2 years in CA.

Now, company “B” plans to shut down and would like me to transfer to our main US distributor - a 20 year US company with 3 US employees. Let’s called it company “C” and is located in IL.

1 - What is the best way to apply for Green Card in this situation? any recommendation? I should fall under EB2 category.

2 - We will go with Premium Processing, it’s my understanding that it will speed up both I-140 and I-485 processing, but not the Labor Certification, Am I correct?

3 - My thinking would be to stay in H1B with company “B”, while company “C” starts the GC petition as soon as possible. Being in ROW, and Premium processing, I expect the process to take about 9 months from beginning to end. Is it a reasonable expectation and thinking? Would you do something different? 

Thank you very much in advance, and good luck to every one!

Archived