All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
krishna1234567

H1 Maxout and Change of employer

Hi Folks,

My H1 Maxout(6 yrs will be completed)/I94 expiry is 03/30/15. Company A filed extension in regular(Got receipt# and have I140 approved from them). Company B filed transfer in premium(based on I140 from A) and in RFE status(responded already). I understand if I join Employer B before 03/30 no issues. What happens if Emp B petition approved after 03/30. Say if Employer B petition gets approved on Apr 10th and I joined on Apr 25th is it valid ? Will the stay between 03/30 and Apr 25th considered to be valid(As I dont have valid I94 for that duration)? Do I need to wait till Emp A H1 gets approved then only join B or can I join B any time even though H1 extn(after maxout 6 yrs) with A is pending? 

Experts please advise

Hi Thanks for the response. So can I join employer B any time (After maxout) though petition with Employer A is pending ?? Also I have filed H4 extension for my wife with employer B but not with current employer A. So can she stay based on Employer B's receipt though I have not yet joined Employer B. Is it consideered as legal stay or DO I need to file her extn also with employer A ? please advise