Changing employer using EAD--PD very close

aos14

Hello Everyone,

I'm on EB2 and my priority date July 28, 2008. I applied for AOS in July, 2014 and received my EAD in Sep, 2014.

I'm on H1B right now and working on EVC model. I'm looking to join with my client organizaion as an employee. I'm aware that I can use my EAD.

My priority date is July, 2008 on EB2, I expect it to be current in June-2015 and I will hopefully get my GC in the same month.

My question to everyone is: If I move to another employer in April or May, 2015 using my EAD, what are the things to consider?

Do I have to file AC21?

How will the emloyer change impact my green card being issued without any delay?

Any other things to consider before I move / apply with the client.

Please suggest.

Changing job on EAD itself means that you are using the  provisions of AC21 act.  You are using the law to complete that action and AC21 is not a form that you can file/ fill out.

When dates become current you can get an RFE before I 485 is approved. The new company needs to respond if the need arises.

Job duties/ salary has to be comparable to the original GC application to avoid complications.

Thank you for your reply.

So, if I can get my green card in June and if I change my employer right after in July, would there be any concerns?

generally it is not advised to do so...for fear of intention of fraud..

however, I have not seen a case data to prove the concerns are valid..but who knows..CIS may start cracking the whip on such abuse in future, right when you file for citizenship..is it not better to err on the side of caution??

Archived