Concern after Green Card Interview: Notice of Interview Results

Hello,

I have been in the U.S for the past 6 years in the following statuses. (My employer only offered one year contracts, so that is the reason for multiple H1b's.)

* 08/2008 - 08/2009 - F1

* 08/2009 - 08/14/2010 - F1 OPT (3 days I did not work as premium processing was completed for timely filed F1-H1B, and then approval)

* 08/17/2010 - 05/2011 H1B

* 05/2011 - 05/2012 H1B

* 05/2012 - 05/2013 H1B

* 05/2013 - 05/2014 H1B

* 05/2014 - 05/2015 H1B

I was married last year in July, and on Friday my husband and I went for our marriage based green card interview. We had sought consulation from an immigration attourney before hand, and felt assured that our case was easy, and that by the end of the interview we would have our green card approval.

However, during our interview we were asked very few questions about our marriage, and most of the interview focused on questions relating to the number of entries I have made to the US during my entire life, and the date and port of entry for my last time entering the US which was in 2012.

The interviewer also asked for information from my school, and luckily I had my transcripts with me, so I gave those to him, I had given the paperwork showing premium processing, and mentioned it during the interview, but I felt the officer was very concerned about my ever being out if status, (which I have never been).

At the end of the interview we were handed a 'Notice of Interview Results' with the first box checked that stated "Your case is being held for review. At this time, USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you. Should further information or documents be required, you will receive a notice in the mail. We may also schedule you for another interview; you will receive a notice in the mail. Otherwise, a final decision will be mailed once your case is complete."

I would like to know more about this notice. Do other people get this type of notice?

Does this notice typically reveal favorable results?

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Random questions at green card interview is common. The interviewer may have wanted more about those things than the regular questions. As long as you have requirement documents, I don’t think it will be an issue. The notice you received is also common after green card interviews. You can’t really expect what exact questions will be asked during any interviews related to American immigration or citizenship. Green card approval on spot are very rare. In most cases the interviewer reviews the case and takes a little while to approve it. In my opinion, if you satisfy eligibility criterias and provided all the required documents, you will get green card soon.

Random questions at green card interview is common. The interviewer may have wanted more about those things than the regular questions. As long as you have requirement documents, I don’t think it will be an issue. The notice you received is also common after green card interviews. You can’t really expect what exact questions will be asked during any interviews related to American immigration or citizenship. Green card approval on spot are very rare. In most cases the interviewer reviews the case and takes a little while to approve it. In my opinion, if you satisfy eligibility criteria and provided all the required documents, you will get green card soon.

Archived