Visitor visa wrong work information

shreekp2000

Hi

One of my aunt is planning to visit USA for tourism for a month. She made a visa appointment for next week. She is a retired central govt employee & unmarried. But in DS-160 while filling work section she filled it as working & monthly income as 3000 Rs & job description as HOME TUITION b.couse for time pass she is teaching some kids. But she gets around 15000 Rs pension.

I feel home tuition & 3000 Rs & she is masters in Hindi doesn't make a strong case for self sponsored visa. I am asking her to update the visa by mentioning as retired. Any suggestions

I think we cannot update DS-1660 after submitting. What options we have.

Pls advise

Thanks for the reply but she don't have any tax returns and 3000 Rs is too low for self sponsor. And also mentioning as home tuition doesn't it give an impression as an potential immigrant. I am confused what to do. 

Salary is not the only factor. Other financial assets will also be taken into consideration. Get a financial statement from a qualified CA. Doing a home tutor is not going to be an issue in my opinion. Why don't you approach an attorney from Murthy law firm?

Archived