USCIS Site Inspection

H1BVISA_

Hi All,

I had site inspection from USCIS at client location on 13Nov14. First he aksed Driver's license and noted down the info and asked me below questions.

What is your Title/ work Responsibility / annual salary / Minimum Hours I work per week / highest level of Education and when did I finish Masters / Any other Degree / Who supervises my work and his contact number / Then he asked me about the contract between employer and client / took my latest 2 Pay Stubs and in the end he came at my desk to see the physical work location and then left.

Now my question is its been already 3 months since this site visit and my employer hasn't heard anything from them. How long usually they take for them to verify?

The contract at current client is extended till Feb2016 but I am looking to change the client for better opportunities. My current VISA is valid till Sep2015. Is it advisable to change the client at this time with amendment or should I wait until my employer hear back from them?

Please advise. I would appreciate your response on this matter. 

Thank you,
NP

Thank you Rahul for the response. 

I have been told by my employer immigration officer that it is advisable not to change client until USCIS verification is completed if the project is not ending. They might feel that something was fishy that's why I changed the project. If the project is ending then there is no other choice. But in this scenario, the project is still going on atleast for another year so I should not change it. 

I am little confused now and not sure if I should change it or not. 

octH1stamp: you will not here from them.

We had a similar inspection in Connecticut Feb 2014. Inspection officer asked similar questions requested us for few documents. we did send all requested documents and never heard back from him. Mean while I have changed to 3 different clients.

You can always update you client information at USCIS if you want to.

Please ask your employer is it possible to process in premium now? I think you need to pay some extra money may be $1200.

octH1stamp: you will not here from them.

We had a similar inspection in Connecticut Feb 2014. Inspection officer asked similar questions requested us for few documents. we did send all requested documents and never heard back from him. Mean while I have changed to 3 different clients.

You can always update you client information at USCIS if you want to.

Hi pvll3456:

Can you let me know when did they request for additional documents? Was it during the site visit or later on(After how long) and what documents did they ask?

• 1 month later...

i got a site visit as recently as 3 weeks ago. He got all the relevant information - when I started working, how much pay, asked for copies of paystubs, drivers license, last four of SSN, job title, job duties and education history.

he took pics of my cube at work , met my HR manager and took down the exact date of hire.

sent me an email the next morning and said, there's nothing to worry and he got all he needed and told me that I will hear from him only if he has any further to question.

I have not heard anything after that.. so i am assuming its all set !!!

Archived