Will unpaid vacation affect green card application?

Hi,

My employer holds my H1 visa. Last year, on two separate occasions, I took unpaid vacations for a month each. I had informed my employer and requested for vacation in writing, so he has the documentation for my vacations. This means I have two pay stubs LESS for 2014.

This year due to health issues, I will have to take vacation for a few weeks or a month. If I file for a green card, will the unpaid vacation (missing pay stubs) be an issue?

I thank you in advance for guiding me.

Many thanks for the response..

Working as a consultant can be stressful and tiring. Last year was very stressful and I badly needed a break which is why I took those two breaks. This year I can get a letter from my doctor but last year I was visiting friends in US itself. What other reasons besides medical would be feasible?

Working for a consulting company is as stressful as any other job. If you think it is stressful you don't have any work experience. There are lots of jobs more stressful.

Working for a consulting company is not an excuse to go on leave without pay. On H1 while in the US, you have to get paid.

Many thanks for the response..

Working as a consultant can be stressful and tiring. Last year was very stressful and I badly needed a break which is why I took those two breaks. This year I can get a letter from my doctor but last year I was visiting friends in US itself. What other reasons besides medical would be feasible?

Everyone is entitled to a paid annual leave and the number of days varies depending on the employer. Excuse of having a stressful and tiring job will not be accepted by USCIS.

Archived