Cross chargeability Green card interview

orgchem

Hi I am just wondering if anyone can please throw some insight to my case.

I applied I-485 based on cross chargeability and I got EAD and Advanced parole documents. 

Today I went for Green Card interview and IO said they cannot use cross charge-ability to get my Green card because I am the principle applicant and my countries visa dates are not available. So I just want to know how the cross charge-ability works.

Principle applicant:

Myself:

Country of Birth: India

Approved: I-140 and have EAD card.

Category: EB2

My Wife:

Country of Birth: Indonesia (Visa dates are current for EB2)

He mentioned that he still has to charge me against India because I am the principle applicant. Also mentioned that cross charge ability can be applied if the case is reversed. If my wife is the principle applicant (If my wife has approved I-140) and and i will be cross charged with her Country (Indonesia). So I was confused how in the first place i got my EDA approved. 

Please let me know if any one got approved Green card cases while on cross-chargeability. I will really appreciate it. 

Thanks for the reply. 

Today when i checked the status I got the following information does that mean they have approved it? IO did said that he will review the case with his councilor. But any way I have already have an appointment with a lawyer in Murthy Firm today. They did helped me last time, very knowledgeable. 

On January 28, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number SRCXXXXX. Please follow the instructions in the notice. Your new permanent resident card should arrive by March 29, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. 

Got a call from Interview officer that my case has been approved.

Interview experience:

All the questions are from I-485/G-385. He put the I-485/G-325 in front of him that I have sent and asked all his questions. So my tip is that be prepare what you have submitted in those documents. Also If the case is different than usual then I will suggest to take all the related papers from online success cases and rules document from uscis and any lawyer confirmations that you have.

Good luck to you all.

Sometimes, these examiners are a bit clueless. He obviously checked with a supervisor after the interview.

For future applicants, it may be useful to ask the examiner right there to double-check with his supervisor... That avoids the anxiety. Cross-chargeability applies between husband and wife, no matter who the primary applicant is.

Archived