Green card on L1B

CG_NJ

My husband has a valid L1 b till May 2016 and in a few months his company will initiate green card filing.

After labor is approved will he be able to switch jobs by change of status (or other means) since the underlying visa is L1B?

He can move to another employer, labor filing is no way related to his job change.

Okay, i dont think i was clear regarding my query.

What i am trying to say is once he recieves his labor approval his underlying visa continues to be L1B i.e. he is tied to his exisiting employer. In such a situation can he move to another employer? I read somewhere that he can apply for a change of status from L1B EAD to Green card EAD.

Excuse my use of incorrect terminology, I am not aware of Legal terms associated with Immigration.

What i am trying to say is once he recieves his labor approval his underlying visa continues to be L1B i.e. he is tied to his exisiting employer. In such a situation can he move to another employer? I read somewhere that he can apply for a change of status from L1B EAD to Green card EAD.

Excuse my use of incorrect terminology, I am not aware of Legal terms associated with Immigration.

Till his priority date becomes current he has no way to apply for an EAD.

To get EAD, his PD should be current. Till then he should be in either L1 or H1 status.

Archived