oci related issue

Tan2015

Not sure if this is the correct forum but i'm desperate for any help.

I am on H4 visa and my husband's H1 will expire on 4th of may 2015.we have applied for the extension( under normal process). we are not sure whether we will get the extension or not. 

My daughter was born 2 months ago and we have applied for her US passport. 

We came to know that PIO cards are no longer issued and the OCI card process will take more than 2 months. so i am planning to apply for ENTRY visa for my daughter. As i am on h4 I do not have any address proof in my name  in the US. I also do not have driving licence. can anyone please answer my following questions.

1.What are the documents required to apply for an Indian Entry Visa for my daughter?

2.If i don't get the entry visa what is the solution for my current situation?

3. can i apply for emergency visa?

i cannot leave my daughter in USA and go back to India.please help

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

In which Indian consulate PIO cards are not processed anymore? As far as I know every Indian consulate in US will process PIO card application.

Merger of PIO & OCI

1.  This Consulate has been informed by the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Government of India on 16 January, 2015 that the Central Government has vide Gazette Notification No. 26011/01/2014 – IC. I. dated 9th January, 2015 exercising powers conferred by subsection (2) of section 7A of the Citizenship Act 1955 (57 of 1955)  specified that with effect from 9th January, 2015 all existing Persons of Indian Origin card holders registered as such shall be deemed to be Overseas Citizens of India card holders.

2.  The PIO scheme has been withdrawn vide Gazette Notification No. 25024/9/2014 – F. I. dated 9th January, 2015. 

3.  As a consequence of the above, the Consulate has been directed to return all PIO applications received before 9th January, 2015 and pending, and all PIO applications received on or after 9th January, 2015, with a request to the applicants that they may apply for the OCI card scheme or may seek a Visa for travel to India as they deem appropriate. The Consulate would extend all possible assistance to such applicants so that their travel obligations and plans are not disturbed. 

4.  Consular applicants are also hereby informed that consequent to the promulgation of the Citizenship (Amendment) Ordinance 2015 which has carried out amendments to the Citizenship Act 1955,  the following additional categories of applicants have been enabled to apply for registration as Overseas Citizen of India:-

a)  Spouse of citizen of India or spouse of an OCI registered under section 7A of the Act and whose marriage has been registered and subsisted for a continuous period of not less than two years immediately preceding the presentation of the application provided the spouse is not a person of Pakistan / Bangladesh origin. 

b)  A minor whose both parents are Indian citizens.

5.  Consular applicants with any travel related emergencies or any grievances may send an email to the following for redress:-

a)   Pending PIO matters – Mr. NPS Saini, Consul (Passport & PIO) - passportcgihouston@swbell.net

b)  Visa issues – Mr. Rakesh Sharma, Vice Consul (Visa) - piocgihouston@swbell.net

c)   OCI issues – Mrs. Deepti Ganji, Consul (HOC & OCI) -consulcgihouston@swbell.net

- See more at: http://www.cgihouston.org/news/display/105#sthash.er9XPeTV.dpuf

reference - http://www.cgihouston.org/news/display/105

Merger of PIO & OCI

1.  This Consulate has been informed by the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Government of India on 16 January, 2015 that the Central Government has vide Gazette Notification No. 26011/01/2014 – IC. I. dated 9th January, 2015 exercising powers conferred by subsection (2) of section 7A of the Citizenship Act 1955 (57 of 1955)  specified that with effect from 9th January, 2015 all existing Persons of Indian Origin card holders registered as such shall be deemed to be Overseas Citizens of India card holders.

2.  The PIO scheme has been withdrawn vide Gazette Notification No. 25024/9/2014 – F. I. dated 9th January, 2015. 

3.  As a consequence of the above, the Consulate has been directed to return all PIO applications received before 9th January, 2015 and pending, and all PIO applications received on or after 9th January, 2015, with a request to the applicants that they may apply for the OCI card scheme or may seek a Visa for travel to India as they deem appropriate. The Consulate would extend all possible assistance to such applicants so that their travel obligations and plans are not disturbed. 

4.  Consular applicants are also hereby informed that consequent to the promulgation of the Citizenship (Amendment) Ordinance 2015 which has carried out amendments to the Citizenship Act 1955,  the following additional categories of applicants have been enabled to apply for registration as Overseas Citizen of India:-

a)  Spouse of citizen of India or spouse of an OCI registered under section 7A of the Act and whose marriage has been registered and subsisted for a continuous period of not less than two years immediately preceding the presentation of the application provided the spouse is not a person of Pakistan / Bangladesh origin. 

b)  A minor whose both parents are Indian citizens.

5.  Consular applicants with any travel related emergencies or any grievances may send an email to the following for redress:-

a)   Pending PIO matters – Mr. NPS Saini, Consul (Passport & PIO) - passportcgihouston@swbell.net

b)  Visa issues – Mr. Rakesh Sharma, Vice Consul (Visa) - piocgihouston@swbell.net

c)   OCI issues – Mrs. Deepti Ganji, Consul (HOC & OCI) -consulcgihouston@swbell.net

- See more at: http://www.cgihouston.org/news/display/105#sthash.er9XPeTV.dpuf

reference - http://www.cgihouston.org/news/display/105

Thanks for the info. I found myself that it was done by a gazette dated 9th January 2015.

Not sure if this is the correct forum but i'm desperate for any help.

I am on H4 visa and my husband's H1 will expire on 4th of may 2015.we have applied for the extension( under normal process). we are not sure whether we will get the extension or not. 

My daughter was born 2 months ago and we have applied for her US passport. 

We came to know that PIO cards are no longer issued and the OCI card process will take more than 2 months. so i am planning to apply for ENTRY visa for my daughter. As i am on h4 I do not have any address proof in my name  in the US. I also do not have driving licence. can anyone please answer my following questions.

1.What are the documents required to apply for an Indian Entry Visa for my daughter?

2.If i don't get the entry visa what is the solution for my current situation?

3. can i apply for emergency visa?

i cannot leave my daughter in USA and go back to India.please help

Thanks in advance.

1. All required documents are mentioned in their website.

2. Should not be an issue to get a visa if all documents are genuine. Your case looks straight forward.

3. No. Emergency visas are issued only in cases of an emergency.

Archived