visa approved - Admin processing - Hyd consulate

desichin

Hi,

I and my spouse had our Visa Interview for H1B/H4 visas together at the Hyderabad consulate on the 30th December 2014 at 10:30am. At the time of the interview the Officer had told us that Visas were approved.
I was concerned as we did not get any notification for passport pickup yet and when checked the status online, it says that the case is under Administrative processing. I have not been issued any notice of 221g etc at the time of the interview.

Please suggest.

Below is the status

U.S. Department of State
NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Administrative Processing
Application ID or Case Number: xxxxxxx Case Creation Date: 29-Dec-2014 Status Updated Date: 30-Dec-2014    
Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad.

Also, any idea why the case was created on the 29th? When my interview was on the 30th? Is this normal?

Thanks!

Hi Desichin,

I went to get my H-1B visa issued at the Hyderabad Consulate on the same date December 30th 2014 at 8:30am.

My status online shows "Administrative Processing" as well. I am waiting anxiously for the status update/any information. Could you please let me know if you have received your passport/or any update. Thanks!

Hi Desichin & Jsrb!

Hope you've received your passports by now.  Please can you share your stamping experience... questions asked.

Happy New Year & Thanks ahead!!

who is the petitioner...

what do u do for them

salary

visa approved!

these were the only ones asked.

Happy new year to u too and good luck!

Hi Desichin,

I went to get my H-1B visa issued at the Hyderabad Consulate on the same date December 30th 2014 at 8:30am.

My status online shows "Administrative Processing" as well. I am waiting anxiously for the status update/any information. Could you please let me know if you have received your passport/or any update. Thanks!

hi jsrb...do you have any updates?

Archived