H1B 221G-Chennai Feb 2011, steps to apply for H4 visa

chinnu2011

Hi,

I have been working in USA since 2006. And I had got my visa stamped thrice at Chennai earlier. But this time was bad. Please guide me.

I had to travel to India in NOV 2010. And I went to Chennai to get my visa stamped. But I was given a 221g (blue form).

I submitted all the requested docs in the blue form to VFS. After 3 weeks I received them back with an additional request for a document. They had asked for all the client's list of my employer. I got the document from my employer and submitted it at VFS on DEC 22,2010. I haven't heard from them yet.I checked the status with the consulate and it says "still under review".

My Husband is in USA and he had consulted couple of immigration lawyers. And they say that I can apply for H4 visa in the meanwhile, and then wait and see if my H1 is approved. So I booked a visa interview date on FEB 22,2011 for H4 visa.

Could you please answer my questions below:

1) What are my chances of getting my H1 visa approved.

2) Is it better to withdraw my H1 visa application, if I want to apply for a H4 visa.

3) If I do withdraw my H1, will there be a negative impact on my employer. Will it be better if I resign my job with my employer first and then withdraw my H1 application.

4) How long will it take (time period) for the H1B withdrawal to reflect on the consulate's system.

5) When I go for my H4 interview and If I DO withdraw the H1 application, will the CO ask me any questions regarding the 221G and the withdrawal. If then what are the questions. And how should I answer them.

6) When I go for my H4 interview and If I DON'T withdraw the H1 application, will the CO ask me any questions regarding the 221G. If then what are the questions. And how should I answer them.

Please help me with my questions. I have read many posts but nothing is conclusive.

Please help, my interview is on FEB 22, 2011.

Thank You.

Hi Chinnu,

My wife is in the same situation, Can you tell what did you write to withdraw your application.

You mailed to the consulate? or are you planning to take a letter in writing that you are withdrawing your H-1 application.

Also we applied our H-1 VISA in Kolkata consulate but planning to aplly H-4 in chennai consulate, I think this should be fine?

your answer would help us!

-Purusos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived