Successful visa stamping F1 to H1B, Dec 16th @ Ottawa.

krishna16

Hi,

Wanted to share my visa interview experience at Ottawa on Dec 16th. I would like to thank for all the support I received from this forum.

My Interview was at 9 am, I was at the embassy at 8:40. After all the security checks, My passport, DS 160 and I-797 was collected. These documents were next put in a yellow colored pamphlet and I was given a token number. Finally, after a few nervous moments my token number was called.

me: Good morning.

vo: Good morning.

vo: So who do you work for?

me: I work for xyz company.

vo: what do you do for them?

me: I work as a developer

I work for a reputed client, so the VO next asked me a company specific question to which I gave an appropriate answer.

vo: alright, your visa has been approved and he took my passport, DS 160. He gave me a paper with the website to keep a track of the status of the passport

me: thank you.

My interview took 15-20 secs, no documents were asked but the officer was reading and typing all throughout our conversation. I got the passport two days later on the 18th.

My advice: Prepare your documentation well, give honest answers but keep it short and articulate. Good luck to everyone.

Follow the checklist provided in this forum, it's a comprehensive list. Also if you are going for F1 to H1b, please prepare to answer questions about your master's degree.

Archived