Vancouver vs Jamaica: 221G Processing Times & Client Ltr Issues: HELP !

dream16

Hello Guys,

I have to make a final call b/w Vanc & Jamaica to get my 2nd h1b stamping done. I am in EC model and jumped back to my same employer in 2014 with whom i got my 1st  stamp from Ottawa in 2012.

Questions:

1. PP delivery times @Jamaica after approval = 2 weeks

2. PP delivery times @Vancouver after approval = 1 week

3. 221G processing time @Jamaica = 3-5 weeks

4. 221G processing time @Vancouver = 2 weeks ? Please help

5. Client Letter @Jamaica = depends on luck if they ask for this or not?

6. Client Letter @Vancouver = is it asked for every EC model guy there?

7. Why did you change your employer? The answers such as "Better opportunity and benefits" are not satisfying the VO's ==> Any other alternatives?

Please share your experiences/thoughts/observations.

For people vouching for "go to Home Country Lovers", please excuse.

You need client letter if you work at client location, that's mandatory. Of course you need to tell the truth during the interview there is no alternative.

Its very clear that you're getting very much frustrated about the visa interview, and its clear that  will be you saying be "confident" to others, once you get your visa.

You need client letter if you work at client location, that's mandatory. Of course you need to tell the truth during the interview there is no alternative.

Its very clear that you're getting very much frustrated about the visa interview, and its clear that  will be you saying be "confident" to others, once you get your visa.

Haha...yeah man i agree that people with approvals are "be confident" preachers. Client Letter being mandatory is a myth as cases have been reported where an email from client saying "NO we don't issue" has helped people get stamps but only after a painful 221G and i want to avoid that at all costs possible...thanks for your inputs.

Thanks Rahul412 for your inputs, getting client letter :( isn't looking feasible...don't know how ppl are getting approvals w/o it.

Hello Guys,

I have to make a final call b/w Vanc & Jamaica to get my 2nd h1b stamping done. I am in EC model and jumped back to my same employer in 2014 with whom i got my 1st  stamp from Ottawa in 2012.

Questions:

1. PP delivery times @Jamaica after approval = 2 weeks

2. PP delivery times @Vancouver after approval = 1 week

Call the consulates, it varies on PIMS. 

3. 221G processing time @Jamaica = 3-5 weeks

4. 221G processing time @Vancouver = 2 weeks ? Please help

Every H1-B is different as you know, it depends on officer validates your profile, is it on your documention, or education or employer, taxation of your or your employer. or client details, there is always big debate processing but  AFAIK it depends on your supporting documenation for  your H1B-Visa.

5. Client Letter @Jamaica = depends on luck if they ask for this or not?

6. Client Letter @Vancouver = is it asked for every EC model guy there?

if you don't have client better carry the SOW or other documentation and be prepared to answer why no client letter from your client and supporting papers that you work for client, better have glance in forum and talk with your employer and lawyer. 

7. Why did you change your employer? The answers such as "Better opportunity and benefits" are not satisfying the VO's ==> Any other alternatives?

You should  hv your answer & other answers are not the same as your case, switch is always may be good or bad in case of employer, of course no one know why you were switching back and forth unless you or employers have problem each other or may be they like your skill set and wanted you to come back. 

Please share your experiences/thoughts/observations.

For people vouching for "go to Home Country Lovers", please excuse.

People here are to help each other and please don't be smart. 

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/47718-complete-package-h1b-stamping-questions-checklist-pims-client-questions-all-in-one/

Go through the above and see your self have proper documentation, when people say go to home country that includes to avoid YOUR hassle free and safe trip to consulate, doesn't mean there issue.  

Every input on this forum is help to each other. Good Luck for your visa. 

Archived