Am I eligible for a green card filing in EB2 category?

My professional background is as follows. 

- 4 years bachelor's degree from outside USA. 
- 1.5 years' experience with company A outside USA. 
- 2 years' experience with company B outside USA. 
- 6 months experience with company C outside USA. 
- 4.2 years' experience with company C in USA (Same company as above) 
- More than 120k annual compensation. 

My employer says that I am not eligible for EB2 green card because my experience with the same company in the U.S. will not be considered as U.S. experience. Is this true? 
Also during 4.2 years of experience in company C in USA, I have been promoted to Manager position (from Senior consultant--> Lead --> Manager) 

I heard something like progressive career eligibility (not sure about the term), is this something considered?
Is my case eligible for a green card filing in EB2 category?

The job requirements determine the category.

You could have a PhD, if the job only requires a bachelor degree, the case would still be in EB3.

Also, experience with the current company generally doesn't count, unless the GC job is at least 50% different from the current job.

Looks like you have BS + 3.5 yrs experience. which will not be enough for EB2.

Do not count experience with current company ( C) as it must be gained prior to joining C. One reason it may not be considered is because it is unfair to US workers who were not given the same opportunity of on the job training as you have got with company C.

Current salary does not decide EB category.

Normal advancement in career and promotions are OK as you are not expected have same job all your life.

Archived