H1B Stamping 221g

boorla

Dear Murthy Sir,

Last week I went for US H1B visa stamping and got 221g Pink Slip with below document requested. What is expected document #1, other two documents are very clear. Highly appreciated your input on document#1.

1. White paper of the internal development projects to which the beneficiary will be assigned
  2. Interior and exterior photos of petitioner's offices and office space lease agreements
  3. Petitioner's W2 and W3 forms for year

Regards,

Dear Murthy Sir,

Last week I went for US H1B visa stamping and got 221g Pink Slip with below document requested. What is expected document #1, other two documents are very clear. Highly appreciated your input on document#1.

1. White paper of the internal development projects to which the beneficiary will be assigned
  2. Interior and exterior photos of petitioner's offices and office space lease agreements

Regards,

complete project documentation that includes proj infra structure, team details, funding. buyers etc

Hello,

I am writing in this forum specifically because I am sailing in the same boat as those who've got 221g slips during stamping. 

I have been in US for 8 years and came back to India for stamping as my last visa for expired in 2013. My currently visa is valid until 2016. After my interview, I was given a while slip which says refusal under 221g act and no additional documents required. Two days later my VO called me again stating to bring my marriage documents, tax documents, offer letters etc for past 5 years. Upon arrival, I found that my job related information was compromised somehow and it was used to send other people to UK. Not sure what happened with those cases but I gave complete explanation to the VO and to the fraud office for being innocent in this case. They said they will get in touch with me if they need anything addition to what I have to prove that I have no affiliation to the people who used my information. 

Currently I am sitting here in INDIA working remotely for two months with no leads. US embassy support team is pretty useless since they give repetitive answers to all my questions stating that most cases are resolved in 60 days. However, some cases may taken longer due to their complexity. 

Questions -

1- I've read everywhere I could about 221G and it says that there isn't any way to expedite this.  However, I can't keep sitting here and work remotely. Is there any way I could get an explanation to what processing is being done and how long is this going to take?

2- Can I or should I contact Congressman for help? I have been in States for 8 years and have got each and every document giving the proof that I have lived there abiding all rules.

I humbly request all the knowledgeable people to please help me with this issue. It's extremely frustrating to not know what's  going to happen next.

Hello,

I am writing in this forum specifically because I am sailing in the same boat as those who've got 221g slips during stamping. 

I have been in US for 8 years and came back to India for stamping as my last visa for expired in 2013. My currently visa is valid until 2016. After my interview, I was given a while slip which says refusal under 221g act and no additional documents required. Two days later my VO called me again stating to bring my marriage documents, tax documents, offer letters etc for past 5 years. Upon arrival, I found that my job related information was compromised somehow and it was used to send other people to UK. Not sure what happened with those cases but I gave complete explanation to the VO and to the fraud office for being innocent in this case. They said they will get in touch with me if they need anything addition to what I have to prove that I have no affiliation to the people who used my information. 

Currently I am sitting here in INDIA working remotely for two months with no leads. US embassy support team is pretty useless since they give repetitive answers to all my questions stating that most cases are resolved in 60 days. However, some cases may taken longer due to their complexity. 

Questions -

1- I've read everywhere I could about 221G and it says that there isn't any way to expedite this.  However, I can't keep sitting here and work remotely. Is there any way I could get an explanation to what processing is being done and how long is this going to take?

2- Can I or should I contact Congressman for help? I have been in States for 8 years and have got each and every document giving the proof that I have lived there abiding all rules.

I humbly request all the knowledgeable people to please help me with this issue. It's extremely frustrating to not know what's  going to happen next.

most of us are in same boat.

@Rahul S - we can understand your situation and frustration level at this point of time, unfortunately there is no way out to get this 221G expedite all we can do is wait and watch with no specific timeline and thumb rule. 

You may contact a congress men still this will not help much as I have seen in past, still there is no harm to give it a try. Wish you all the very best. 

Hello,

Questions -

Upon arrival, I found that my job related information was compromised somehow and it was used to send other people to UK.

What do you mean by this?

1. Unfortunately no.

2. You can try.

Thank you @pokiri09, @ashukla and @jairichi for writing back to me.

@jairichi 

Apparently when I sponsored my ex-wife's parents, they shared my confidential information with one of the local agents to process their paperwork in India. I suspect my information was leaked from that channel. 

- Rahul

Thank you @pokiri09, @ashukla and @jairichi for writing back to me.

@jairichi 

Apparently when I sponsored my ex-wife's parents, they shared my confidential information with one of the local agents to process their paperwork in India. I suspect my information was leaked from that channel. 

- Rahul

Try to get a new h1b filed asap, these waiting games can run anywhere b/w 2 months to 1.5 year. However, if they have placed your profile under "fraud alert" or something of that nature, even a new h1b won't help because they have to still clear you out as a scam-free individual.

Lessons Learnt: India is full of goons and i am more than 100% sure that in your case the local consulting agency in there misused your personal information to the full extent but again this can happen to anyone since there are so many loopholes for them to exploit via hacking etc these days.

Dear Murthy Sir,

Regards,

As indicated by other members, the consulate wants to ensure that you have a real project and a real job in the United States. This is requested especially if the petitioner is a consulting company, claiming to have an internal project. As long as the project is genuine and the employer is able to provide detailed description of the project, timeline, financial analysis, then there is good probability of the visa being approved. It is best that you contact an immigration attorney either in India or the U.S. to review the file prior to submission to ensure all relevant facts are stated honestly and accurately.

Dear Mr. Murthy,

Last week I went for my H1B Visa Stamping Interview and after a lot of questions on my qualifications, job location, salary etc, I was given a 221g asking for more documentation. Some of the documents listed on the slip on the side of FROM THE PETITIONER were ticked and the instruction was to have the documents emailed to the id mentioned in the slip.

However, I was not told whether I am to send the documents or my petitioner was to send them. I also heard that the processing in these cases will be quicker if my employer's/petitioner's lawyer handles this? 

Could you please advice if it would be better to have my petitioner's lawyer send the required documents or should I ask my petitioner to send them to me so I can send them across?

Many thanks,

Vajs

Dear Mr. Murthy,

Last week I went for my H1B Visa Stamping Interview and after a lot of questions on my qualifications, job location, salary etc, I was given a 221g asking for more documentation. Some of the documents listed on the slip on the side of FROM THE PETITIONER were ticked and the instruction was to have the documents emailed to the id mentioned in the slip.

However, I was not told whether I am to send the documents or my petitioner was to send them. I also heard that the processing in these cases will be quicker if my employer's/petitioner's lawyer handles this? 

Could you please advice if it would be better to have my petitioner's lawyer send the required documents or should I ask my petitioner to send them to me so I can send them across?

Many thanks,

Vajs

Where did you go? India? Are you with a Desi Consulting? Had client letter? Please post complete details to get helped.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give everyone heads up here about my visa status. I just got my clearance today and would be traveling soon. It took about 75 days for me to get approval. I had to call after 60 days to expedite the case and therefore got the update within a week.

Would like to thank you all again for all the support and wish luck to all the fellow citizens here waiting for their case to be resolved. This has been truly a very difficult period for me but I had faith & patience and would advise to the same everyone else as well.

Cheers!! 

Just wanted to give everyone heads up here about my visa status. I just got my clearance today and would be traveling soon. It took about 75 days for me to get approval. I had to call after 60 days to expedite the case and therefore got the update within a week.

Would like to thank you all again for all the support and wish luck to all the fellow citizens here waiting for their case to be resolved. This has been truly a very difficult period for me but I had faith & patience and would advise to the same everyone else as well.

Cheers!! 

Good to know that and thanks for the update.

Cheers!! 

How was the case expedited??

Hey @Pokiri09,

I wrote numerous emails to Support team and called them to escalate/expedite the case after 60 days. What they told me is that US embassy does reply back within 3 business days (in most of the cases). If so, you can call the support and ask them the status which is what I did.

Hey @Pokiri09,

I wrote numerous emails to Support team and called them to escalate/expedite the case after 60 days. What they told me is that US embassy does reply back within 3 business days (in most of the cases). If so, you can call the support and ask them the status which is what I did.

is that dos or india consulate office?

Hey @Pokiri09,

I called support team and told the same . They said my case is escalated and I will get an email in next 48hrs. But I got email by EOD with same generic response.

I called support team and told the same . They said my case is escalated and I will get an email in next 48hrs. But I got email by EOD with same generic response.

Hey Pokiri09,

I am not sure what exactly is the issue in your case, but I did ask my company lawyer to speak with DOS and he emailed a bunch of stuff over to them. At the same, I created an email with all relevant points regarding my case and emailed support. Next day I called the support asking them to send this to DOS and waited for them to get back to me. I got my case updated the same day and got my visa issued within 5 days.

Hey Pokiri09,

I am not sure what exactly is the issue in your case, but I did ask my company lawyer to speak with DOS and he emailed a bunch of stuff over to them. At the same, I created an email with all relevant points regarding my case and emailed support. Next day I called the support asking them to send this to DOS and waited for them to get back to me. I got my case updated the same day and got my visa issued within 5 days.

Ok thanks. My company attorney is in touch with DOS. I hope they wud resolve it sooner.

Archived