Visitor Visa- Father name spelt wrong in my Mothers Passport

Employee99

Hi everyone,

I am applying for visitor visa for my parents. I am sponsoring them.  I have scheduled interview for them in December last week.  There are 2 issues with the names in the passports.

1. My mother has her spouse name 1 letter "A" missing in her passport. Instead of ''VENKATA" , her passport has "VENKAT" as she got her passport according to her voter ID. Will that cause an issue during the interview ?
  2. My passport has father name spelt wrong.1 letter "A" missing in my passport. Instead of ''VENKATA" , my passport has "VENKAT" as I got her passport according to my certificates. Will this cause an issue during the interview?
  3. Will preparing an affidavit that both "VENKATA" and "VENKAT" names are referring to the same person will work during the interview if visa officer asks about this?

Could someone help me with this? Thanks.

Thanks,

Ranjit

Technically you cannot apply for visitor visa for anyone. You cannot sponsor visitor visa for them. They need to apply themselves and schedule interviews.

1. should not be a problem. If she is comfortable with the misspelling using names as shown in passport is the simplest way. She can carry the voter id card as reference if questioned about mismatch.

2. your passport should not be an issue at their interview.

3. Affidavit can be prepared by your mother but do not volunteer any information not asked by VO.

Ok . Thanks Ashuneel!

one more question. Any idea how can we call for interpretor at the consulate office at hyderabad as my parents does not know english and they want to be interviewed in native language so that they answer confidently?

Will interpretors available on at the visa officers desk or how can we reach them?

Thanks,

Ranjit

• 4 years later...
On 12/9/2014 at 2:04 PM, Employee99 said:

Hi everyone,

I am applying for visitor visa for my parents. I am sponsoring them.  I have scheduled interview for them in December last week.  There are 2 issues with the names in the passports.

1. My mother has her spouse name 1 letter "A" missing in her passport. Instead of ''VENKATA" , her passport has "VENKAT" as she got her passport according to her voter ID. Will that cause an issue during the interview ?
  2. My passport has father name spelt wrong.1 letter "A" missing in my passport. Instead of ''VENKATA" , my passport has "VENKAT" as I got her passport according to my certificates. Will this cause an issue during the interview?
  3. Will preparing an affidavit that both "VENKATA" and "VENKAT" names are referring to the same person will work during the interview if visa officer asks about this?

Could someone help me with this? Thanks.

Thanks,

Ranjit

@Employee99

Hi Ranjith , 

I am facing the similar issue , My Father's first name 'VENKATA' is spelt as 'VENKAT' in Spouse name field of my Mother's passport . Can you please confirm if its going to be an issue for applying B2 Visa 

Thanks,

Sunil

• 1 month later...