Time to renewal EAD...

Rajlogitech

Hello,

Thanks in advance for your time.

My EAD is expiring in April 2015 and am preparing the papers for applying the renewal. Actually I have changed the job 3 months ago and I did not apply AC21 that time because Priority date almost came to near my date and gone back so thought I would get it.  

Now am applying the renewal and my concern is Do I need apply AC21 also with renewal of EAD?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Raj.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Thanks in advance for your time.

My EAD is expiring in April 2015 and am preparing the papers for applying the renewal. Actually I have changed the job 3 months ago and I did not apply AC21 that time because Priority date almost came to near my date and gone back so thought I would get it.  

Now am applying the renewal and my concern is Do I need apply AC21 also with renewal of EAD?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Raj.

No, you do NOT need to apply AC21 for EAD Renewal. I had it confirmed with my lawyer. My renewal was up last Oct 2014 and i applied without filing AC21 (I switched my job Sep 2013).

A word of caution - Please apply well ahead of time (120 days from expiry), because there are a lot of delays in processing the EAD applications now in all USCIS service centers.

Archived