Interview experience @ Matamoros, Mexico

srv008

Hi everyone,

I got my Visa stamping done @ Matamoros, Tamaulipas of Mexico. Below are few details that would help the prospects. Everything is based on the info I gathered/came across.

Mexico Visa - 

The link below confirms that we(Indians) need a visa for Mexico.

https://mexico.visahq.com/requirements/India/resident-United_States/ 

getting visitor visa for Mexico is not difficult. We can approach the nearest Mexican Consulate, fill out an application providing supporting documentation like letter from employer, tentative itinerary etc., depending on the consulate, we can get visitor visa in as early as a day to as late as a week.

Appointment -

Typically the interview slot should be available in less than a week's wait time.

Interview Schedule : https://usvisa-info.com/en-MX/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

DS 160 -https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx 

We need to make two appointments, one for fingerprint scan and another for actual Visa interview. Please note that Visa interview slot is made first followed by ASC(finger print scan). Plan accordingly. Typically, start of the week is preferred.

Travel and Stay -

I have stayed @ BEST WESTERN Hotel Plaza Matamoros through Mr.Salvador of US Visa Service (http://www.mexicovisaservice.appspot.com/ ). He can arrange ride from Brownsville,Texas. Mr.Salvador is really helpful and takes care of our stay at the motel. The place is very decent with hospitable staff. There is a restaurant as well downstairs. He/his assistant takes care of ride from the motel to consulate and vice versa. 

Interview Process-

As mentioned earlier, in Mexico it is a two day process. 

Day 1 is fingerprint scan which is pretty fast(15-20 mins tops). They will verify our docs snd take fingerprint scan and photo

Day 2 Personal interview. Be there a little earlier than your appointment(10:30 AM is the only slot for now) and remember no electronic devices allowed inside. After normal process like security check and stuff, we need to handover the passport and DS-160 and interview confirmation at  the initial counter and wait for our turn for the interview. 

VA-  Good Morning

Me - Good Morning

VA - Who is your employer?

Me - xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

VA - How long are you on H1?

Me - xx yrs

VA - Did you initiate the process of Green Card?

Me - No —> if the answer is yes, they are asking proof of I140/EAD etc..

VA - ok. Please provide your I-129 and LCA.

Me - Handover the docs.

VA - Your Visa is approved. Please collect it @ 3PM today. (They may keep this LCA and I129 but nothing to worry.)

Me - Thank you Have a good day.

Unfortunately, my passport was not ready the same day, so I have to stay one more day to collect it.

Once you got the passport, Mr.Salvador will drop you near the border and you have to walk across the bridge to enter US and this will be the port of entry. You may be asked few questions @ port of entry like why Mexico and why not your home country, be prepared. Once you are past that, we can take a cab to Brownsville airport. Being the border town, you may be asked to show visa/docs @ airport as well.

All in all, it went fine. There are others who offer services for travel arrangements to Matamoros but I am extremely satisfied with the place I stayed and the arrangements.

Please submit your DS 160 at least 3-4 days ahead of day 1

Feel free to post if any questions.

All the best. 

Thanks,

Hi rflash,

When i am trying to book appointment for metamoros it is giving only Consular interview dates only. it is not showing any ASC appointment. So just want to check when did you booked your appointment because they updated the site from then it is behaving little weird.

Thank you in advance.

Hi everyone,

I got my Visa stamping done @ Matamoros, Tamaulipas of Mexico. Below are few details that would help the prospects. Everything is based on the info I gathered/came across.

Mexico Visa - 

The link below confirms that we(Indians) need a visa for Mexico.

https://mexico.visahq.com/requirements/India/resident-United_States/

getting visitor visa for Mexico is not difficult. We can approach the nearest Mexican Consulate, fill out an application providing supporting documentation like letter from employer, tentative itinerary etc., depending on the consulate, we can get visitor visa in as early as a day to as late as a week.

Appointment -

Typically the interview slot should be available in less than a week's wait time.

Interview Schedule : https://usvisa-info.com/en-MX/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

DS 160 -https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx

We need to make two appointments, one for fingerprint scan and another for actual Visa interview. Please note that Visa interview slot is made first followed by ASC(finger print scan). Plan accordingly. Typically, start of the week is preferred.

Travel and Stay -

I have stayed @ BEST WESTERN Hotel Plaza Matamoros through Mr.Salvador of US Visa Service (http://www.mexicovisaservice.appspot.com/ ). He can arrange ride from Brownsville,Texas. Mr.Salvador is really helpful and takes care of our stay at the motel. The place is very decent with hospitable staff. There is a restaurant as well downstairs. He/his assistant takes care of ride from the motel to consulate and vice versa. 

Interview Process-

As mentioned earlier, in Mexico it is a two day process. 

Day 1 is fingerprint scan which is pretty fast(15-20 mins tops). They will verify our docs snd take fingerprint scan and photo

Day 2 Personal interview. Be there a little earlier than your appointment(10:30 AM is the only slot for now) and remember no electronic devices allowed inside. After normal process like security check and stuff, we need to handover the passport and DS-160 and interview confirmation at  the initial counter and wait for our turn for the interview. 

VA-  Good Morning

Me - Good Morning

VA - Who is your employer?

Me - xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

VA - How long are you on H1?

Me - xx yrs

VA - Did you initiate the process of Green Card?

Me - No —> if the answer is yes, they are asking proof of I140/EAD etc..

VA - ok. Please provide your I-129 and LCA.

Me - Handover the docs.

VA - Your Visa is approved. Please collect it @ 3PM today. (They may keep this LCA and I129 but nothing to worry.)

Me - Thank you Have a good day.

Unfortunately, my passport was not ready the same day, so I have to stay one more day to collect it.

Once you got the passport, Mr.Salvador will drop you near the border and you have to walk across the bridge to enter US and this will be the port of entry. You may be asked few questions @ port of entry like why Mexico and why not your home country, be prepared. Once you are past that, we can take a cab to Brownsville airport. Being the border town, you may be asked to show visa/docs @ airport as well.

All in all, it went fine. There are others who offer services for travel arrangements to Matamoros but I am extremely satisfied with the place I stayed and the arrangements.

Please submit your DS 160 at least 3-4 days ahead of day 1

Feel free to post if any questions.

All the best. 

Thanks,

Hey don't spread false Mexican news here, you never went in there and are purely hallucinating people here.

Hi rflash,

When i am trying to book appointment for metamoros it is giving only Consular interview dates only. it is not showing any ASC appointment. So just want to check when did you booked your appointment because they updated the site from then it is behaving little weird.

Thank you in advance.

You can probably check the site regularly, that's message from the USCIS customer service. 

Hi rflash,

Thank you in advance.

Hello Venkat..I booked on saturday. You need to select consulate interview date and time first and then it will take you to ASC appointment page. Even I was confused when I booked it. After you book your consulate and ASC slots, you can see both appointments on your appointment confirmation page. Hope this helps.

Hello Venkat..I booked on saturday. You need to select consulate interview date and time first and then it will take you to ASC appointment page. Even I was confused when I booked it. After you book your consulate and ASC slots, you can see both appointments on your appointment confirmation page. Hope this helps.

Hi rflash,

As i mentioned they updated the site so from now onwards we need to select both the appointments on same page.

That is where the issue, it is showing Consular interview dates but it is not showing the ASC appointment dates some issue with site...

regarding the Interview  schedule process and Ds160 ... 

First  we complete the DS 160 and then schedule the interview   ???   

Also do we have to wait   for few days before we can  schedule  .. please  explain  a bit .. 

Thanks,, 

Hi guys,

Like I said,Everything is based on the info I gathered/came across.It may not be 100% correct but I believed in it and followed the same. 

Btw if the fuss is about obtaining Mexican Visa, which can be obtained easily in less than a week, all I can do is "wish that you have a little patience". 

Thanks

Hi Rflash , 

I booked my appointment on December 23rd and 24th 2014 . Please can you share yours contact details with me once . 

Email ID: msn450@gmail.com

Thank you 

Sankar 

• 1 month later...

Archived