221G in Jamaica

shaq

Hi Friends,

I had my interview today and was given a 221G pink form. The VO asked me to go back to India and get the Visa stamping done.

Do I need to cancel the current H1B  application in Jamaica?

Also he said that it might take months to complete the administrative process.

Please advise I am worried.

Regards

Syed

Hi Syed,

Don't waste time waiting here in Jamaica. Just go back India as soon as possible . On an average its taking 6 weeks to complete the administrative processing.It may be more than that. So better to go back India and stay there. You don't need to cancel the present appointment. You can keep this book new appointment in indie if it is available.

Update your profile with your email. Will contact you

Hi Syed,

Don't waste time waiting here in Jamaica. Just go back India as soon as possible . On an average its taking 6 weeks to complete the administrative processing.It may be more than that. So better to go back India and stay there. You don't need to cancel the present appointment. You can keep this book new appointment in indie if it is available.

Update your profile with your email. Will contact you

What do you mean by "you don't need to cancel present appointment. You can keep this book new appointment in India if it is available"? OP has already given his visa interview. If s/he plans to attend visa interview in India then has to withdraw current visa application at Jamaica, fill new DS160 and pay MRV fee again.

This was my F1-H1B transfer. I believe for the first F1-H1 transfer it is recommended to do in your home country. Also it doesn't matter whether you are direct or through contract as long as you can convince them you had a good background. If you had switch schools during your Masters, they are interpreting it as a violation and want to do Admin processing.

Best of luck guys....but I recommend going back to your home country rather than getting struck in a foreign land and also taking all the stress and pain to go back to your country if they put you under 221g.

Regards

Syed Haq

Archived