H1B reminder option -need help

Ritkaw2014

H,

currently i I am in India from let 1.5 years. My last h1 transfer was denied and I was out of status hence I returned back to india. Can I do h1b filing under reminder option? Do I need to go for stamping as well? Here are other details

initial h1 filed by company A in nov-2010 and I started working from dec-2010.

transferd my h1 from company A to company B in October-2011, A did not revoked my H1 which was valid till October-2013.

transfered my h1 from company B to company C in Mar-2013, B revoked h1, and transfer to C got denied. I returned back to India Apr-2013.

i still have 2 years left on my initil h1. So can I file cap exempt h1? I have b1 currently and my probable employer insisting me to come on b1 and then he will file my h1

please suggest how should I go ahead?

thanks in advance

Ritesh

I talked to at least 3 employers, they all are suggesting me travel on B1 and then only they can file my cap exempt H1b. I am insisting on filing right away while I am in India which they at not willing to do.

I just noticed "cancelled without prejudice?" on my initial H1B visa. What does that mean? Will it be an issue for my new cqp exmpt H1B transfer?

I talked to at least 3 employers, they all are suggesting me travel on B1 and then only they can file my cap exempt H1b. I am insisting on filing right away while I am in India which they at not willing to do.

I just noticed "cancelled without prejudice?" on my initial H1B visa. What does that mean? Will it be an issue for my new cqp exmpt H1B transfer?

If you keep looking you will find employers that follow immigration laws.

"Cancelled without prejudice" is normal and it will have no effect on your cap exempt H1B petition.

• 2 months later...

Hi. jairichi,

My current employer is planning to take my h1b this year. But they are doing cap subjecf h1b. I am still convencing them for filing my cap exempt h1b, but they say that company's attorney verified my case and cap exempt is not possible.

Are there any change of rules for using "remind opion"?

Let them file a cap subject H1B petition and if you are selected you are eligible for 6 years. If not selected in lottery then you can take the cap exempt route. About cap exempt route talk to an attorney from Murthy law firm and share that information with your employer. Probably your current employer's attorney is not that knowledgable.

• 1 month later...

Let them file a cap subject H1B petition and if you are selected you are eligible for 6 years. If not selected in lottery then you can take the cap exempt route. About cap exempt route talk to an attorney from Murthy law firm and share that information with your employer. Probably your current employer's attorney is not that knowledgable.

Hi Jairichi,

As per latest news from USCIS about 2016 cap, http://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-reaches-fy-2016-h-1b-cap

it says 

"

Petitions filed on behalf of current H-1B workers who have been counted previously against the cap, and who still retain their cap number, will also not be counted toward the congressionally mandated FY 2016 H-1B cap, the agency said 

"

My employer filed cap subject petition.  Looking at above para, will my case exempted from the cap this time?  Or I will have to go through lottery?

I wanted to know what exactly is "cap number"?  is it petition number?
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Yesterday I received good news about approval of my h1b petition. I just got email from our emigration team. I was in the impression that I was not in the lottery but I was wrong.

I am very much excited to know about my spouse's prospects about getting her EAD.

I am currently in India. I worked for 2.5 years from dec-2010 till may-2013 on my previous h1b

Can you please guide?

Hi,

Yesterday I received good news about approval of my h1b petition. I just got email from our emigration team. I was in the impression that I was not in the lottery but I was wrong.

I am very much excited to know about my spouse's prospects about getting her EAD.

I am currently in India. I worked for 2.5 years from dec-2010 till may-2013 on my previous h1b

Can you please guide?

Congrats. For your spouse to work on H4 EAD you need to have an approved I-140 or H1B extension beyond 6 years based on PERM or I-140 pending for more than a year.

• 5 months later...

Hi jairichi,

Today I received my H1B kit only to know that it was cap-exempt petition and not cap subject.  Does it mean that I won't get full 6 years on this petition?   Prior I worked for 2 years 4 months in US so now I can work only for 3 years 6 months?

Hi jairichi,

Today I received my H1B kit only to know that it was cap-exempt petition and not cap subject.  Does it mean that I won't get full 6 years on this petition?   Prior I worked for 2 years 4 months in US so now I can work only for 3 years 6 months?

In that case you are eligible for 3 years and 8 months.

If it is cap exempt then there is no start date for entering and working in US right?

But the physical I-129 which I received has dates like 

Valid from 10/01/2015 to 08/31/2018.

How to confirm if the visa filing is cap-subject or cap-exempt?  

Whether cap subject or cap exempt you will have a start date. You need to check with your attorney or have a look at I129 form.

If it is cap exempt then there is no start date for entering and working in US right?

But the physical I-129 which I received has dates like 

Valid from 10/01/2015 to 08/31/2018.

How to confirm if the visa filing is cap-subject or cap-exempt?  

From what you have mentioned I believe it is a cap subject H1B petition. Check with attorney who filed your petition.

From what you have mentioned I believe it is a cap subject H1B petition. Check with attorney who filed your petition.

Yes, I confirmed with my immigration team, they said it is cap-exempt!  

My question was how come a cap-exempt petition can have a start date of 1st Oct?   My petition (cap exempt) got approved on June 11.   If it is cap exempt then start date should have been somewhere in July month.    

Is it because all those who are going for stamping will always have 1st Oct as start date (whether cap-subject or cap-exempt) ?

Yes, I confirmed with my immigration team, they said it is cap-exempt!  

My question was how come a cap-exempt petition can have a start date of 1st Oct?   My petition (cap exempt) got approved on June 11.   If it is cap exempt then start date should have been somewhere in July month.    

Is it because all those who are going for stamping will always have 1st Oct as start date (whether cap-subject or cap-exempt) ?

No, it is not that. Employer can request a start date for cap subject or cap exempt H1B petition. For cap subject it cannot be earlier than Oct 1st. For, cap exempt it can be anytime based on employer's requirements.

Archived