All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
krishna16

DS 160 question

Hi,

In My LCA and employer letter, I have my role as "Developer". But later on my role changed to "Senior Developer". My question is :

1. While filling DS 160, should I mention my current job title as " Developer" or "Senior Developer"?.

2. If I enter my role as "Senior Developer", will that impact my visa interview?. Even on my employee badge, I have my role as Senior Developer.

go with what you have on LCA and employer letter

what does it says in LCA? What ever it says in LCA you need to specified in DS 160

No, OP has to mention his current designation. OP has to talk to his attorney whether his current designation will have any impact on H1B visa approval.

No, OP has to mention his current designation. OP has to talk to his attorney whether his current designation will have any impact on H1B visa approval.

I spoke to attorney, they said the current designation will not have any impact on the H1B vis approval.

In my case, My LCA says "developer" and also my Employer letter has "developer" role. So In my DS 160, should i mention my role as "developer" or "senior developer"?. When I asked my attorney I was told this will not Impact my Visa approval as my duties and responsibilities have not changed.

In my case, My LCA says "developer" and also my Employer letter has "developer" role. So In my DS 160, should i mention my role as "developer" or "senior developer"?. When I asked my attorney I was told this will not Impact my Visa approval as my duties and responsibilities have not changed.

That is good to know.