All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skmandava

What consulate do I need to prefer

Hi,

I have converted from F1 to H1 in October 2013.  I am planning to go for the stamping for the first time. Which consulate do I need to prefer. Canada, jamaica or India? I am a Consultant and I work for an End Client with a Vendor in between. I will be provided with a Client Letter

thanks,

krishna

lol bad question to ask here..now you will see some senior members come and bash you about consulate shopping and will ask you to go to your home country. its your preference, your choices and your convenience don't make decisions based on their nag. you have choice to go to canada or india for stamping, you can choose any consulate based on your convenience. stamping rate depends on your case and documentation you carry. make a wise decision

Hi,

I have converted from F1 to H1 in October 2013.  I am planning to go for the stamping for the first time. Which consulate do I need to prefer. Canada, jamaica or India? I am a Consultant and I work for an End Client with a Vendor in between. I will be provided with a Client Letter

thanks,

krishna

If you have client letter and other docs then you can visit canada or jamaica since ppl attending there....India is best option as it's our home country....

If you have client letter and other docs then you can visit canada or jamaica since ppl attending there....India is best option as it's our home country....

Jamaica doesn't do COS stamping anymore.

Going to the home country is the best option.

lol bad question to ask here..now you will see some senior members come and bash you about consulate shopping and will ask you to go to your home country. its your preference, your choices and your convenience don't make decisions based on their nag. you have choice to go to canada or india for stamping, you can choose any consulate based on your convenience. stamping rate depends on your case and documentation you carry. make a wise decision

I do not see anyone bashing OP here :) It is always a suggestion we provide. And, OP is the one who can take a final call.

Go get your medic...as said before consulate shopping will not work.

Home country is best bcos VISA is NEVER guaranteed, so its better to spend time with your family instead of getting struck in third countries.

Thank you . 

Thank you. I will get the required documentation. Is it going to be all good if I go to India?

Thank you . 

Thank you. I will get the required documentation. Is it going to be all good if I go to India?

Nobody can guarantee anything, all you can do is minimizing the risk. That means having all documentation, and going to the home country for stamping.

Thank you. Does my case have any risks? The last time I went to India was in Dec 2010. Also, I had a change of status in US only