Need help to solve my problem

jaanutn

Hi

I am on H4 and i was in teaching profession in India for the past 10 yrs. Here i have been applying jobs. Recently i got a mail from a company saying, job will become permanent only after 2 weeks paid training.

My questions are

1. If they are ready to sponsor my visa means when i will be start my job ( because they are in immediate need)

2. How the training will be consider , If they sponsor H1B (skilled labour)?

3.The job is a kind of work from home. In H1B will they accept? The employeer need to show the place right?

4. The company is a specialized one, not a software firm.

It will be nice if anyone clear my doubts. I need to send reply to that company soon.

Thanks

Hi

I appeared for an interview on 21 march 2011 for H4 catergory interview at the delhi consullate.... The VO didnt not give me any 221g slip or any other form that would indicate that my application would require further processing . The VO said that everything looks fine but i need a couple of days to check up on some legalities! She also said that i cannot confirm whether you will receive the visa or not.. but everything looks fine... I am absolutely confused as to what it could me and whether i will or will not receive the visa... I had to cancel all my plans and whenever we enquire with VFS i get a very standard reply saying your passport in under administrative process... Can any pl help explaining whats going on ?? Thanks

Originally posted by JoeF:

Do NOT pay for a job. It is illegal.

The company has to pay for your training.

And for an H1, the job can only start on Oct. 1, anyway.

Thanks for the reply. The company are ready to pay for the training, not by me.

It is a kind of work from home. Will H1b allow that? i heard that the company need to show the place while filling the H1B

• 3 weeks later...

Hi...

Thanks will keep that in mind,the subject line said H1-H4 issues so i guess it was a bit misleading ..

14 days?.. Its been over 22 days excluding the approved holidays that the consulate has . We did write to the VFS helpline again , but to add to our misery the answer was standard. My husband has recently renewed his H1B visa for the second time so dont see that as a problem either. The VFS helpline did give me an update saying that my case was pending at DHS and the time taken could fluctuate between another 2-8 weeks.. I wasn't issued any pink or green slips(221g) at the time of the interview , neither have been asked for any additional documents in this period. The VO did mention at the time of the interview that your husbands(H1B) are all in order. So i still can figure out where is the glitch in my case.

Any suggestions or did someone go through the same??? Is thier any other way to determine the status of my case???

Thanx

Originally posted by pontevecchio:

@anuja

In future please post a separate thread. It possibly means they are checking your spouses H1 petition and should be able to approve your H4 within 14 days. PIMS?

@pontevecchio:

Sure would do! Thanks . 14 additional working days ??? Bcuz It been about 23 days since i appeared for my interview excluding the approved holidays that the consulate had.. My husband got his H1B renewed very recently and the VO did mention at the time of the interview that all of your H1B holders docs are fine and in order. I wasn't issued any pink or green slips(221g)or during this period have not been asked for any additional docs either?? The VFS helpline ( fone or email) have replied in a very standard format which doesn't give any clear picture. The last reply i got from vfs helpline was that your case is pending with DHS .. Its been bout 10 days since that update but still no change's post that. Any one else going through the same or facing the same situation PL REPLY . Is their any other way to trace the glitch in my case?

Archived