** H1 Visa - Consulate issue **

forumman

I have my H1 stamping in HYDERABAD next month. However, my passport is expiring in Oct-2015 so I am going for renewal. My previous address is HYDERABAD but now I am in BANGALORE. I have marked my consulate as "HYDERABAD" in the I-129 application. However, now I do not have any address proof in HYDERABAD. So, I am thinking for applying for passport renewal in BLR. So, where do I have to attend the visa interview now ? HYD or CHENNAI (BLR comes under Chennai consulate).

I have my H1 stamping in HYDERABAD next month. However, my passport is expiring in Oct-2015 so I am going for renewal. My previous address is HYDERABAD but now I am in BANGALORE. I have marked my consulate as "HYDERABAD" in the I-129 application. However, now I do not have any address proof in HYDERABAD. So, I am thinking for applying for passport renewal in BLR. So, where do I have to attend the visa interview now ? HYD or CHENNAI (BLR comes under Chennai consulate).

You can apply for Passport extension even after you get into US. All it matter's whether your passport is not expiring in the next 6 Month's at the time you are returning into USA.

I have a suggestion forumman.

If there is somebody you know in the old address as per your passport, try to re-new it with same address. No need of any address proof and it will be very easy to get passport.

If you change the address passport might get delayed as it requires police verification.

Otherwise BLR guys can attend in HYD without any issues.

I have a suggestion forumman.

If there is somebody you know in the old address as per your passport, try to re-new it with same address. No need of any address proof and it will be very easy to get passport.

If you change the address passport might get delayed as it requires police verification.

Otherwise BLR guys can attend in HYD without any issues.

What you suggest is violation of passport act.

Archived