H1B Extension Stamping @ Ottawa - 18th Nov

jqmic

Since i have been following this forum, thought I would share my Stamping expirience. This was my 2nd stamping in Canada after 3 previous stampings @ India.

The process was relatively simple and straightforward:

1. Security check.

2. DS160/Passport/Photo/Canada Status check

3. DS160/Passport/1-797 collected at Window 7 and token was given along withNotice of rights as a temp worker in the US

4. Called at Window 6 for fingerprinting and was given docs submitted at Window 7 in yellow folder. PIMS was marked as yes. (Some number with AP was written on DS160, which had me a little worried thinking it may be Administrative Processing)

5. Called for interview. Below Qs were asked:

Since i have been following this forum, thought I would share my Stamping expirience. This was my 2nd stamping in Canada after 3 previous stampings @ India.

1. Security check.

3. DS160/Passport/1-797 collected at Window 7 and token was given along withNotice of rights as a temp worker in the US

4. Called at Window 6 for fingerprinting and was given docs submitted at Window 7 in yellow folder. PIMS was marked as yes. (Some number with AP was written on DS160, which had me a little worried thinking it may be Administrative Processing)

Hi, What are the Questions asked?.

1. Do you work for XXX?

2. What do you do?

3. Are you working in house or for a Client?

4. Who is your Client?

5. What are your responsibilities?

6. How long have you been working for XXX?

7. What is your Salary?

No documents were asked. 1-797 was handed back and old visa was cancelled and left 4 fingerprint re-taken. Said visa was approved and I should receive passport later this week.

There were other EVVC and F1 to H1 candidates being grilled and 221s were issued. But there were other H1 extension being approved as well.

Bottom line, results cannot be predicted and vary on a case by case basis. Go to your hoem country when possicble to be safe.

Hi,

I booked 3 star hotel near ottawa US embassy. Which have free breakfast and free internet.

But bcoz of some emergency i have to cancel my trip. Is there any1 looking for Hotel room for 2.I got cheapest deal. I am giving for $100 instead of $168.31

2 nights Hot Rate Room@ $68.00/night $136.00 Tax recovery charges & fees $32.31 Subtotal $168.31  

Please contact me. Email id:: *************@gmail.com / call me @ ***************

1. Security check.

Are you kidding me dude? 4th stamping hahhaha...forever in Eb3 or what?

Archived