6th year H1B & Green Card Process question

I have a couple of questions regarding my current predicament and am hoping that someone can help me out. Here is the situation. 

I am on the 6th year of eligibility of H1B and am employed with Company A. Company A has initiated my green card application process earlier this year under the EB-2 category. The green card process was initiated in my 5th year of H1B. Right now, my PERM application is under process and the company lawyer informed me that the approval should come through by Jan or Feb 2015. 

Right now, I am exploring the option of looking for another job and transferring my H1B  as my current company, Company A, is looking to restructure and might initiate a round of layoffs in the next 3 months or so. I want to get ahead of this possibility and find another job and do an H1B transfer. 

I am in good terms with my current company and even if I choose to leave, I can convince them to continue the PERM and I-140 application process. My questions are with regards to my future employer, Company B. 

1) If I do find another job and transfer my H1B, I will have to apply for my H1B renewal with Company B. First of all, will I be eligible to apply for the renewal? If yes, will the renewal be for 1 year or 3 years? 

2) I am aware that, as I will be switching employers, Company B will have to reapply for my Labor Certification/PERM. Does this process need to be started before my 6th year of H1B eligibility is over? 

3) Can two green card applications run concurrently? Is there any advantage to requesting Company A to continue with I-140 application after the PERM is approved while Company B starts the Labor Certification/PERM process? 

Would be of a great help to me if anyone can respond to my questions. Thanks a lot. 

Archived