Anyone Got EAD

spkumar01

No, I haven't yet received EAD/AP...

I was originally planning to raise a SR today (18th Nov) as 75 days have been elapsed since I-485/EAD/AP were filed on 3rd Sep. However I am going to wait until USCIS sends it.

Reason being if I rush now and they issue EAD/AP, it will be valid for 1 yr and as you know, before 180 days of filing I-485, we should not change the job using EAD. So having EAD/AP in hand right now is of no benefit (at least to me).

Finally, the administration is working with the State Department to "recapture" unused employment-based green cards from the past 20 years. That could clear the green-card backlogs of some legal immigrants who are living here on endlessly renewing H-1B visas waiting for a permanent visa slot to open up. Under the law, only 140,000 employment-based green cards are allowed per year, which makes for long waits for many foreign workers.

GOOD NEWS, We are all going to get Green Cards soon....

Finally, the administration is working with the State Department to "recapture" unused employment-based green cards from the past 20 years. That could clear the green-card backlogs of some legal immigrants who are living here on endlessly renewing H-1B visas waiting for a permanent visa slot to open up. Under the law, only 140,000 employment-based green cards are allowed per year, which makes for long waits for many foreign workers.

if the 250000 unused Green cards are going to be used, we may get Green Cards within a month, am I over thinking???

• 2 weeks later...

Archived