L2 EAD to GreenCard

mbhavesh1

I am currently on L2 EAD status and my employer wishes to file for my green card under EB2. My spouse's L1 visa is expiring in 2016. Will I still be dependent on her status after applying for Green card?Is there any way in which she be a dependent on me after 2016? Below are my questions:
1) Since I am qualified to apply under EB-2, what is the time frame to apply for I-140 and then apply for adjustment of status and get the EAD?
2) Can the application be done without a potential sponsor if my company is not able to bear the expenses?
2) What are the expenses for applying this green card for the entire family?
3) How long do I need to maintain my L2 status? Can my wife and kid name also be included in the application?
4) I work on a contract thru Company X for Company Y. Can Company Y apply for my GC or does it have to come from the consultant?

5) Can I file for the adjustment of status concurrently with the I-140 form for GC?

1. EB2 depends on job requirements and your credentials and both need to be a fit.

2. No

3. It varies

4. Until you are able to file your AOS when the dates are current. Of course if you get a H1 then extensions of H1 are possible under some circumstances.

5. Any qualified company can start your GC process.

6. You can only file for AOS when the dates are current which will be a few years as of now.

Yes, you will still be on her dependent status till your PD becomes current. If you would like her to be your dependent then move to H1B and apply H4 for her.

1. You can get your PERM and I-140 done before your spouse's L1 status expiry. AOS will take a long time. I doubt your PD will be current by 2016.

2. No.

3. Employer pays for PERM and I-140. So you do not have to worry about that. If you pay it is illegal.

4. Any employer can file GC as it is for future employment.

5. Only if your birth country is not China & India.

Archived