L2 EAD

DVK

My L2 and EAD are getting expired on 6th Jan 2015. L2 extension is in progress. I may have to travel back to India on 3rd week of January 2015 . My Questions are

1) Can I apply for my EAD while L2 extension is in progress? If  yes how the date of expiry of new EAD will be determined by USCIS?

2)Can I apply for EAD in December and come back after EAD is approved . Will it be valid ?

Thanks!

My L2 and EAD are getting expired on 6th Jan 2015. L2 extension is in progress. I may have to travel back to India on 3rd week of January 2015 . My Questions are

1) Can I apply for my EAD while L2 extension is in progress? If  yes how the date of expiry of new EAD will be determined by USCIS?

2)Can I apply for EAD in December and come back after EAD is approved . Will it be valid ?

Thanks!

1. I think your L2 extension has to be approved first as EAD is based on valid I94.

2. Without an approved L2 extension with I94 your EAD renewal might be denied.

• 3 weeks later...

I-539 ( change or extension of status) and I-765 can be filed together ( EAD) .

If you missed that, you need to wait for your L2 extension , if not you will get EAD till the time your current L2 expires . Assuming EAD takes 3 months and you have 4 months of current L2 time , you will get EAD only for one month.

Archived