JAMAICA Stamping - Advise and Information

Immienquiry

Hello Guys,

H1 stamping done and returned to USA today. Mine was a relatively easy interview hence nothing to share there. Pointers to people who still have scheduled interviews with so many rumors flying around.

F1 - H1 or H1 extension - They are interested in your educational background - if you have computer courses ensure you let them know how your job is related to your educational background.

If you changed your university, be prepared to give them a reason for it.

Those who did not get cancellations are fine and can come and take the interview if you have good documentation and your case is straightforward.

If you got 221g during F1 you WILL NOT get 221g now because of that.. I spoke to 6 other students who got H1 visa approved during interview but had 221g in F1 stamping.

Yes, some people were told to go to India instead of waiting for months while being issued 221g. Also, even though our documentation is good, 221g is also issued if our employers record of paying taxes and other formalities they are supposed to follow are not taken care of.

Take your RESUME.. 2 folks got 221g as they did not have resume.

Some folks were asked I-129/LCA docs as well

Passport expected time of Delivery: 
Day 1: Visa Interview and status shows administrative processing.
Day 2: Visa Status Change to Issued
Day 3: Wait
Day 4: Wait
Day 5: Collect passport at around 3 PM - they wont give before that.

For those with 221g, if you dont want to wait, go via brussels/belgium to get a oneway ticket for 1200-1400 dollars.

Hello Guys,

H1 stamping done and returned to USA today. Mine was a relatively easy interview hence nothing to share there. Pointers to people who still have scheduled interviews with so many rumors flying around.

F1 - H1 or H1 extension - They are interested in your educational background - if you have computer courses ensure you let them know how your job is related to your educational background.

If you changed your university, be prepared to give them a reason for it.

Those who did not get cancellations are fine and can come and take the interview if you have good documentation and your case is straightforward.

If you got 221g during F1 you WILL NOT get 221g now because of that.. I spoke to 6 other students who got H1 visa approved during interview but had 221g in F1 stamping.

Yes, some people were told to go to India instead of waiting for months while being issued 221g. Also, even though our documentation is good, 221g is also issued if our employers record of paying taxes and other formalities they are supposed to follow are not taken care of.

Take your RESUME.. 2 folks got 221g as they did not have resume.

Some folks were asked I-129/LCA docs as well

Passport expected time of Delivery: 

Day 1: Visa Interview and status shows administrative processing.

Day 2: Visa Status Change to Issued

Day 3: Wait

Day 4: Wait

Day 5: Collect passport at around 3 PM - they wont give before that.

For those with 221g, if you dont want to wait, go via brussels/belgium to get a oneway ticket for 1200-1400 dollars.

For someone with BS and MS from USA and working in the field as per their education and no RFE's during h1b, it should not be a hassle. But Jamaican consulate has been sleeping for last 15 days and has not allowed even the old candidates to register for an appointment.

Archived