Shall I go visa stamping to Canada

kareem511

HI Friends,I am planning to go visa stamping to canada.Can you advise on my case. I do have Common Muslim Name: Mohammad.First H1b stamping is done in Uk in 2006.Second H1b stamping is done 2012 in Chennia india.Now i am planning to go canada.I am currently EVC model.2012 visa stamping is done in chennia that time i was full time to client.Now I am in EVC model. I do have UK Masters.Shall i can visa stamping to canada or India .Please advise me thanks

Hi you certainly can. I would however advice you against it. Dont go to Toronto in particular. They are not a very friendly consulate and are very tough. My wife went to toronto for F1 visa stamping earlier this year and was issued 221G (Admin Processing). It took 2 months. If you do go then be prepared to face this dire situation. Also another thing to keep in mind is - if u do have to go to canada, then go while your current H1B visa stamp is still valid. That way if you are issued an admin processing 221G then u can ask them to return ur passport back while they are doing the processing. That way you can come back to US and wait until it is done and then go back when they are ready to issue u the new visa. But keep in mind this is only possible if ur current visa has not expired. This is what we ended up doing.

Hi you certainly can. I would however advice you against it. Dont go to Toronto in particular. They are not a very friendly consulate and are very tough. My wife went to toronto for F1 visa stamping earlier this year and was issued 221G (Admin Processing). It took 2 months. If you do go then be prepared to face this dire situation. Also another thing to keep in mind is - if u do have to go to canada, then go while your current H1B visa stamp is still valid. That way if you are issued an admin processing 221G then u can ask them to return ur passport back while they are doing the processing. That way you can come back to US and wait until it is done and then go back when they are ready to issue u the new visa. But keep in mind this is only possible if ur current visa has not expired. This is what we ended up doing.

Just because your spouse got 221G in Toronto does not mean that US consulate officials are not friendly and tough over there. Also, if given a 221G normally US consulate will cancel existing H1B visa that will prevent your travel back to US by requesting your passport. In that scenario if you request your passport the only option will be is to fly to home country.

Archived