Canada - STOP!! Please read this..

Teja90

Here is what I found on the website of Canada embassy. Please consider this while going to Canada for visa interview. 

http://canada.usembassy.gov/visas/visas/categories-and-requirements/important-notice-for-applicants-with-a-visitors-permit-to-canada2.html%C2'>

With rare exceptions, visa applicants temporarily visiting Canada should apply at the U.S. Consular Section in their country of residence. If the applicant is not a resident of Canada, interviewing officers at the U.S. Consular Sections in Canada may not have experience in evaluating the circumstances in the applicant's country of residence. The applicant will, therefore, have greater difficulty establishing eligibility for a U.S. visa in Canada than would be experienced in the applicant's home country.

A substantial percentage of visitors to Canada are denied visas under these circumstances. Consequently, we strongly urge visitors to Canada to apply for U.S. visas in their country of residence.

dude!! First worry about your $190 and Visa interview in India.

"Hello,

I have paid $190 to schedule an interview at Hyderabad (my hometown). Now I see there are no dates open at this location. Can I fill out a new DS-160 with other location )like Chennai, Kolkata etc) and book an interview slot at other location (like Chennai, Kolkata etc)"

yes, i have seen this as well. Can some one please elaborate this more.

I have booked my visa slot on november 18th longtime ago!. Any one else in the same boat

Frankly speaking, there is nothing much to elaborate. They are advising that home country is the best option as the Visa officers in Canada are not experienced in making a decision for 3rd country nationals as they cannot evaluate the circumstances in the applicant's country of residence (which will mostly lead to 221G). If you are confident and have all the documents to support yourself, all the consulates are same Stamping in home country is highly recommended. All the best.

"Hello,

I have paid $190 to schedule an interview at Hyderabad (my hometown). Now I see there are no dates open at this location. Can I fill out a new DS-160 with other location )like Chennai, Kolkata etc) and book an interview slot at other location (like Chennai, Kolkata etc)"

Thanks for your concern. I am not that worried about my $190 and Visa interview in India. I am sure that I will get the date once they open the slots. This post was made just to let people know what the Canadian embassy is suggesting. I don't have any intentions to panic someone. By the way I am also fan of PSPK.   Cheers!!!!

"Hello,

Yes.

Before things get more worst and before every H1 get scrutinized, please respect the rules and follow DOS suggestions. Do not attend interview at third countries, its ALWAYS risky.

Why you guys are scared of going to your home country?? Did you abused H1??

Well, it depends upon the amount of time you have to get the stamping done. Countries like Jamaica, canada and Mexico are not that far from USA. People who can afford break for only a week can travel in this while to these countries and get the stamping done. If the home country is far, you will need atleast 3-4 weeks of break to get things done. Its all about travelling to a nearby country and get the stamping done so that people can travel to their home county when necessary. 

Well, it depends upon the amount of time you have to get the stamping done. Countries like Jamaica, canada and Mexico are not that far from USA. People who can afford break for only a week can travel in this while to these countries and get the stamping done. If the home country is far, you will need atleast 3-4 weeks of break to get things done. Its all about travelling to a nearby country and get the stamping done so that people can travel to their home county when necessary. 

Never take anything for granted w.r.t immigration. That's my experience.

Which will be the best option, getting struck at home country or some third country where your legal status is valid for couple of days??

We are non immigrant and by default we have some issues when it comes to immigration. And you cannot take risk if its matter of immigration.I hope people understand this and act smart.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived