Advise needed on a whole new consulate

civil2cs

Guys, 

This is with regard to the US Consulate at Georgetown, Guyana.

I emailed them with a few questions like "I'm not a citizen of Guyana But an Indian Citizen" and "While returning back to the US I need to get my H1 stamping done. I enetered US with F1" and everything that needs to be mentioned. The main reason for me entering Guyana was that my friend stays in Guyana and that I would like to spend thanksgiving with him.

So the consulate replied as follows,

You may visit http://georgetown.usembassy.gov/niv-how-to-apply.html for instructions on how to apply for a non-immigrant visa in Guyana.

A consular officer will interview you on the date of appointment and your case will be offered our fullest consideration, consistent with U.S. immigration law and regulations. 

Please note that Form I-797 is no longer needed for your interview. However, to verify petition approval we will need your I-129 petition receipt number so please make sure to have this available. To expedite visa processing, it is recommended that you e-mail visageorge@state.gov a copy of your approved I-129 petition or the petition receipt number at least 3 days prior to your scheduled appointment.

Do you think its advisable to go to that place? 

I will be going in and around the thanksgiving holiday.

Thanks

DOS has clearly mentioned that you need to go to your home country for visa interview. Why don't you understand that simple thing??

Why not home country?? Why do you want to put your life at risk??

I told you. Consulate shopping will not stop. Probably all the consulates should stop accepting applications from 3rd country nationals. Then consulate shopping will stop.

I agree with rahul412, home country is the best option, please consider that.

@civil2cs you can visit Guyana country for the stamping. If you are not comfort for visiting or traveling all the way back to your country (due to your daily work or any other circumstances) you can apply for H1 in GUYANA, (or) wait for some time take a break from your work and VISIT your home country for stamping. 

@RAHUL412 and @JoeF...

Lot of people who work in USA on H1B (mostly indians) are not getting paid illegally and not fraudulent...  Yes, few people might have done that
Underline this: Most of the posts, and yes not all. 

And i'm pretty sure if INDIA is adjacent as CANDA or JAMICA, then every one will be attending their visas in their home country itself. And i also believe you guys didnt knew about these terms... Production, oncall, Deadline etc.

Most H1B workers wanted their visa stamped, so that they can visit their home country in any major circumstances. Due to heavy work schedule, workers might not get enough time to go back to their county and get stamped, they prefer nearby adjacent countries so that later in time they might visit in any un-conditional circumstances to their home (or) in any vacation time from employer.

I know you guys don't want this post to be highlighted, coz new consulate was named and you don't want people to be aware of it.

@RAHUL412 and @JoeF...

Lot of people who work in USA on H1B (mostly indians) are not getting paid illegally and not fraudulent...Yes, few people might have done that.

And i'm pretty sure if INDIA is adjacent as CANDA or JAMICA, then every one will be attending their visas in their home country itself. And i also believe you guys didnt knew about these terms... Production, oncall, Deadline etc..

All your BS about oncall, deadlines, etc. is just that, complete BS.

If people get denied visas in third countries, as happens often, they have to travel to their home country, and spend a lot more time and money because they can't travel through the US. Guess what happens to "oncall, deadlines", etc. then...

The bottom line: Go to your home country for stamping. If is the best and cheapest option and it helps with things like deadlines as well.

Anybody who actually thinks for a minute would understand that.

It is rather disturbing that people who claim to have a college degree try to justify their bad choices with complete and utter BS.

There is a much higher risk of denial in a third country, and then all these falsely claimed "benefits" turn into a big big liability. The deadlines are certainly missed if the person has to travel to his or her home country after a denial, and has to do so via routes that don't go through the US.

Are you really trying to tell us that people don't have enough vacation time to go to their home country for stamping, but have enough vacation time to go to a third country, and then in addition go to their home country??? In what kind of "school" did you learn that math???

Anybody who still thinks going to a third country for stamping is beneficial has not used his or her brain.

Going to the home country for stamping is ALWAYS the best solution, likely faster than anything else, and way less risky.

Here's another data point:

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/83102-canada-stop-please-read-this/

"

With rare exceptions, visa applicants temporarily visiting Canada should apply at the U.S. Consular Section in their country of residence. If the applicant is not a resident of Canada, interviewing officers at the U.S. Consular Sections in Canada may not have experience in evaluating the circumstances in the applicant's country of residence. The applicant will, therefore, have greater difficulty establishing eligibility for a U.S. visa in Canada than would be experienced in the applicant's home country.

A substantial percentage of visitors to Canada are denied visas under these circumstances."

I am wondering what part of that you don't understand???

Care to explain how, with people getting visas denied in third countries, it would be helpful for "oncall", or "deadlines", or "not enough vacation"???

What kind of person uses completely bogus arguments and insults people instead of actually thinking???

Oh, and thank you for showing to the world that rahul and I are right. You have no arguments, only insults, and that proves that you are wrong and we are right.

@civil2cs you can visit Guyana country for the stamping. If you are not comfort for visiting or traveling all the way back to your country (due to your daily work or any other circumstances) you can apply for H1 in GUYANA, (or) wait for some time take a break from your work and VISIT your home country for stamping. 

@RAHUL412 and @JoeF...

Lot of people who work in USA on H1B (mostly indians) are not getting paid illegally and not fraudulent...  Yes, few people might have done that.

And i'm pretty sure if INDIA is adjacent as CANDA or JAMICA, then every one will be attending their visas in their home country itself. And i also believe you guys didnt knew about these terms... Production, oncall, Deadline etc.

Most H1B workers wanted their visa stamped, so that they can visit their home country in any major circumstances. Due to heavy work schedule, workers might not get enough time to go back to their county and get stamped, they prefer nearby adjacent countries so that later in time they might visit in any un-conditional circumstances to their home (or) in any vacation time from employer.

I know you guys don't want this post to be highlighted, coz new consulate was named and you don't want people to be aware of it. 

Hi pawanismfan,

well said about @RAHUL412 and @JoeF, you are absolutely correct. If we visit canada or jamaica for stamping it will take a week at max, if we visit india it will take more than 3 weeks. We want to get stamped so that we can visit india when we can. It is much more easier and we can spend time with family happily instead of worrying about visa. these guys should know what they speak. they are just trying to intimidate us. 

@RAHUL412 and @JoeF Please do not intimidate people. When there is an option people will use it. We are not doing anything illegally. We are just using one of the given option. I would like to ask you to tell you, first of all please don't call it consulate shopping, second is USCIS had given us an option to go stamping in Jamaica and Canada. we are just using it, so why would you say we did a mistake?

I know you guys don't want this post to be highlighted, coz new consulate was named and you don't want people to be aware of it. Please stop your sick'ism, and thanks for thinking that your doing good for US Immigration.

I completely agree with this post. If you have only few days (5-7 days of break), then any nearby country is good for stamping so that you don't have to worry when you have to travel urgently to your home country. However, if you have enough days (20-25 days break) , then home country is the best option. 

@pawanismfan pawan fan ikkada :)

coming to the topic.. you say home country is the best place to get stamped. but the amount of delay is always more in home countries. one cannot afford to stay back in India for a couple of months while they are liable to come here and work.

In emergency i want to visit home(India) and again be back and continue my job.

I dont want to go to India at odd times and get stuck there for months for some verification and again put my job here in jeopardy. 

and @manojreddy.. Guyana accepts its appointment fee only via cash in a local bank.. online payment cant be made.. So, Guyana isnt that feasible.

With all due respect to all the advanced members.. if we were to abide by everything then we wouldnt even have to come to forums like these..

There are many complications in many cases. All arent the same..

There are some who have shifted from a completely non IT background to IT.

There are some who've changed many a universities.

There are some whose projects end abruptly and were in bench for quite a period of time.

Though they are working for a client, at client location, some dont have the privilige of getting a proper client letter.

these are just a few and thats the reason we come to forums and to see people like us, and how they've faced such situations and all.

what y'all suggest is clearly mentioned in press releases by different consulates and we can very well have a glance at it.

Thank you for your concern.. but try to understand from users perspective. and seriously dont get so pisXsed off. it isnt your visa interview that i'm putting in jeopardy. its mine :). so be polite while replying..

Thanks

@pawanismfan pawan fan ikkada :)

coming to the topic.. you say home country is the best place to get stamped. but the amount of delay is always more in home countries. one cannot afford to stay back in India for a couple of months while they are liable to come here and work.

In emergency i want to visit home(India) and again be back and continue my job.

I dont want to go to India at odd times and get stuck there for months for some verification and again put my job here in jeopardy. 

and @manojreddy.. Guyana accepts its appointment fee only via cash in a local bank.. online payment cant be made.. So, Guyana isnt that feasible.

So you want to get struck in some third country but not in your home country.

Hi civil2cs,

Thanks for your reply regarding Guyana, Are you trying to attend interview in any other consulate? I heard people are trying for Costa Rica recently, Do you have any update on this consulate, I heard whatever notification they have kept in canada us embassy site is very old so trying to check whether we can attend there or not. If you have any info on all these could you please just reply, My email id is in my profile.

Thanks,

Manoj.

With all due respect to all the advanced members.. if we were to abide by everything then we wouldnt even have to come to forums like these..

Yes, and that's why going to the home country is the best option. That's where complications can be sorted out much more easily than in a third country.

Thank you for making my point.

Going to the home country is the best option.

I completely agree with this post. If you have only few days (5-7 days of break), then any nearby country is good for stamping so that you don't have to worry when you have to travel urgently to your home country. However, if you have enough days (20-25 days break) , then home country is the best option. 

Except that you are much more likely to get a denial in a third country, so your 5-7 days ends up being weeks, and then additional time in the home country.

It is always better to go stamping in your home country, as all the people who got denied in a third country and then have to travel to their home country know.

But hey, you are all adults. If you want to make months out of your "5-7 days", and spend a lot of money in a third country, go right ahead. Smart people go to their home country for stamping.

well said about @RAHUL412 and @JoeF, you are absolutely correct. If we visit canada or jamaica for stamping it will take a week at max

"It will take a week max"???

Tell that to the people who are waiting in Jamaica for over a month... And who then have to go to their home country...

Quite a multiplier for "a week max"...

You guys are whistling in the dark. All you have is wishful thinking.

The reality is that stamping is easier and faster in your home country.

Smart people who can do math go to their home country for stamping.

If we visit canada or jamaica for stamping it will take a week at max, if we visit india it will take more than 3 weeks.

Really, why??

We are not doing anything illegally. We are just using one of the given option. I would like to ask you to tell you, first of all please don't call it consulate shopping, second is USCIS had given us an option to go stamping in Jamaica and Canada. we are just using it, so why would you say we did a mistake?

I never said that its illegal. It's not safe.

There are some who have shifted from a completely non IT background to IT.

There are some who've changed many a universities.

There are some whose projects end abruptly and were in bench for quite a period of time.

Though they are working for a client, at client location, some dont have the privilige of getting a proper client letter.

these are just a few and thats the reason we come to forums and to see people like us, and how they've faced such situations and all.

what y'all suggest is clearly mentioned in press releases by different consulates and we can very well have a glance at it.

Thank you for your concern.. but try to understand from users perspective. and seriously dont get so pisXsed off. it isnt your visa interview that i'm putting in jeopardy. its mine :). so be polite while replying..

Thanks

Well said. I agree with civil2cs.

Hi,

Are you planning to attend the interview at Georgetown, Guyana...Do you know anyone who was succeded at this consultate.. I was planning to attend the interview at Guyana.. Do you think its a good idea? Please let me know.. Thanks

Guys, 

This is with regard to the US Consulate at Georgetown, Guyana.

I emailed them with a few questions like "I'm not a citizen of Guyana But an Indian Citizen" and "While returning back to the US I need to get my H1 stamping done. I enetered US with F1" and everything that needs to be mentioned. The main reason for me entering Guyana was that my friend stays in Guyana and that I would like to spend thanksgiving with him.

So the consulate replied as follows,

You may visit http://georgetown.usembassy.gov/niv-how-to-apply.html for instructions on how to apply for a non-immigrant visa in Guyana.

A consular officer will interview you on the date of appointment and your case will be offered our fullest consideration, consistent with U.S. immigration law and regulations. 

Please note that Form I-797 is no longer needed for your interview. However, to verify petition approval we will need your I-129 petition receipt number so please make sure to have this available. To expedite visa processing, it is recommended that you e-mail visageorge@state.gov a copy of your approved I-129 petition or the petition receipt number at least 3 days prior to your scheduled appointment.

Do you think its advisable to go to that place? 

I will be going in and around the thanksgiving holiday.

Thanks

Archived