EB Category Change

ngodugu

Hi All,

I recently filed a new approved I-140 with EB 2 and submitted a letter to USCIS to upgrade my category to EB 2 from EB 3. They have received the documents but so far no updates or confirmation letters have been sent. It has been over a month.

My priority date is Feb 20O7 (this is obviously not current) for EB 2.

Has anybody else gone through this process recently?

If so, could you share your experience on how it went?

Thanks in advance

Neelima

• 10 months later...

Hi Neelima, did you receive any notification or email etc from USCIS after you requested them to interfile your EB2 I140 with your EB3 I140 to port your date? I did the same last week not sure when they will interfile and how I know they did and when my I-485 will reflect that I'm moved to EB2 category.

Hi

I never received any sort of confirmation in response to my interfiling letter. From what I have read, if the PDF on the new I-485 has the same A# and PD as the I-485 that should be enough.

I got my approval and the GC recently. Approval email on 12/27/11 and the card in mail couple of days ago.

Good luck to you

-Neelima

Reposting with corrections

Hi

I never received any sort of confirmation in response to my interfiling letter. From what I have read, if the PD on the new I-140 has the same A# and PD as the I-485 that should be enough.

I got my approval and the GC recently. Approval email on 12/27/11 and the card in mail couple of days ago.

Good luck to you

-Neelima

Reposting with corrections

Hi

I never received any sort of confirmation in response to my interfiling letter. From what I have read, if the PD on the new I-140 has the same A# and PD as the I-485 that should be enough.

Good luck to you

-Neelima

Thanks for update. My Employer said he will not provide I-140 copy to me, so I have no way to know what's the date on it.

Archived