H4 to F1 visa rejected at Hyderabad

psirimalla

Hi,

When my wife was here in US, she was pursuing Master and finished 6 subjects on H4 visa. We are blessed with a baby boy, So she took a semester break and went to India for F1 visa stamping.

My status is H1, my visa expired and my wife's h4 visa expired but current petition is good until Jan 2015. My I 140 approved and waitng for I485 to become current.

Yesterday my wife went for F1 visa stamping at Hyderabad, Visa Officer asked several questions she answered those, the final question was why can't you complete your Masters on H4 why would you need F1, he also mentioned that you wanted to apply CPT that why you are appearing for F1 visa instead of H4. She tried to convince him but he was not.

Her semester is starting on Jan 2015. What are our options here?

1. Should my wife go and appear for visa interview again? and should I ask her to go any other place instead of Hyderabad?

2. If things does not work even second time, can she go gor H4 stamping and after coming here do a COS to F1?

3. I will be filing H1 extention in a month time, while H1 approval pending do they issue H4 visa? if so how long.

Please help, I am completely upset upon hearing the rejection news. Thank you

You can reapply for F1 visa interview. But why and how did the officer know about CPT? Did your mention about CPT to the officer? My recommendation is not to use "CPT" word. Just tell the officer that I would need some on job training OPT so that I can apply my education at work and gain some work experience. US Consulate does not take CPT in a positive way since many people have violated that option.

You can reapply for F1 visa interview. But why and how did the officer know about CPT? Did your mention about CPT to the officer? My recommendation is not to use "CPT" word. Just tell the officer that I would need some on job training OPT so that I can apply my education at work and gain some work experience. US Consulate does not take CPT in a positive way since many people have violated that option.

Anything said in an interview is now in the file. It will come up in future interviews.

No real university advertises CPT, so it is obvious that this is a shady,fraud institution.

Only applying at a real university, and going to study for real would help.

• 1 month later...

Hi

i need help, i applied for h4 to F1 and my visa got approved and starts from december 2014 , Now i am in India, I have scheduled my visa interview on december 18th, please kindly let me know the possible questions.

Thanks in advance

There are no set of questions for visa interview, they ask about your F1 program and some details about your educational BG.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Even me and my wife are in the same situation. My wife was on H4 visa and she travelled to India for F1 stamping and the VO asked many questions and asked her why she applied for F1 when she can complete her studies in H4 also since my H1 is going to expire in 2017, VO suspected  that once my wife gets F1 I will change my status from H1 to F2 :)

She was given a green form and no documents were examined.

we do not want to risk of going for another F1 Visa as the chances of approval are negligible. 

Can she reenter USA with her H4 visa which is already on her passport? Or should she reapply for H4 and attend the visa interview before coming over here?

Will there be any problem at the port of entry if we do not apply for a new H4 visa? Will her F1 denied visa overrides her H4 visa status?

Please advice us.

• 2 years later...