H1b Approved Ottawa 21st Oct .. waiting for loomis update

njoshi

I had my h1b stamping interview on 21st Oct 8:00AM. It was a very straight forward interview with questions like employer name and my responsibilities, and visa was approved. 

Ceac visa tracker showed visa 'issued' on 22nd morning and I was hoping to receive email/tracking from loomis to pick up the passport, but till now i havn't received any update on passport pickup. Anyone else having similar situation?

I am in a similar situation. Interviewed on 21st Oct and my status is still showing "issued". Most likely get an email late today otherwise, you may want to track your application status again later tonight since I have read of some candidates who never got a Loomis email. Once the status changes to "in transit" or "ready for pickup", I would suggest calling Loomis directly to confirm pick-up.

@jjay and @sdoshi,

there is no status when I check on the CSC website. Its just blank. Plus I have no email yet and loomis cannot track the package unless they have a waybill number. I reached out to the embassy too and they said that "the document status information only appears once the personal documents have been returned by the Embassy or Consulate for shipment to the designated location. A status of Issued on the CEAC website only means that the visa is in final processing."

I just got a Loomis email at 12:00A.M October 24th:

"Loomis-Express has your passport but it's not ready to pickup"

The email contains the waybill information and when i tracked it, it shows that my passport is "in facility" as of 8:00P.M October 24th. I will be calling Loomis during their hours of operation today October 24th to confirm pickup and will update accordingly.

Hi guys,

I've had my visa stamping appointment on Oct.20 in Ottawa. The visa officer mentioned that my application is not in the PIMS system. On Oct.21 they've requested a copy of my I-797 and haven't heard anything since then. My visa status in the CEAC system states "Administrative processing".

Anyone else in the same situation? Anyone know how long it would take to issue the visa?

Archived