Name Change and Durign Oath what to expect ?

sanjose2121

Thanks a lot JoeF..

Do you know will we get court order after oath on same day ? I had appointment with IO today, seems like he asked me to come back again after oath to get Endorsement .. I live in Santa Clara , CA and we have oath Heritage Theater@Campbell ,CA but that is not court house ..But still I can expect court order wth seal ?

I got the court paperwork together with the naturalization certificate.

There may be another issue in your case, maybe that's why the IO was confused.

As far as I know, in the Bay Area, they are only doing administrative oaths, without the possibility of a name change. I don't know if that has changed recently.

If it is that way, then a name change would require the usual way, with filing it with the district court, having an announcement ad in the local paper, and then the court granting the name change.

My oath ceremony was in Los Angeles.

For a court session, the oath doesn't have to be at a court house.

Wherever the ceremony is, that venue would be a court for the duration of the ceremony.

My ceremony was at the Los Angeles convention center, with 3500 people in the ceremony. You won't get that many people into a normal court house...

Thanks JoeF. I have 3 more days to go and will let u know how it will go..

BTW.. my wife name change only her last name wth my last name. So hopefully as you commented we may get court order after oath..

Surprise thing is we got oath letter with her new name but when we went to IO , he still seeing as old last name. So there is some disconnect in the systems.

Archived