All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bbka1544

Address Change after 485 approval but GC pending

Its has been more than 60 days since i received my 485 approval notice but GC is still pending. 

In the meantime I moved and submitted address change online. 

My online status has changed from "Decision" pre address change to "Initial Review" post address change.

Should the address change delay my GC? what should i do....Should i call USCIS customer service?

BTW - my spouse (dependant) got the GC before the address change.

itsmeusa - Thank you very much for your response.

I got a letter from USCIS confirming change of address....what i have not yet received is the GC and its been more than 70 days since i received the approval notice...per the notice i  should have received the GC in 30 days.

i dont know if there is a way to check what is the status of my GC or just wait. 

the online status shows the following....it does not tell me anything about my GC status.

Initial Review

On October 6, 2014, your address was changed relating to the I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

When you didn't get GC, did you make lot of noise? I mean - come on - you should have raised SR, talked to L2 officer, created senator / congressman inquiry, take InfoPass. You can do that now also. They can't ignore you when you have valid question as where is my GC? Has it vanished in thin air?

My friend, I-485 is your application. I understand we take help from lawyer, but such thing happens when I-485 is approved, but GC is not yet received, I think, we should take things in out hand and make everyone move. That's just my opinion.

Take an INFOPASS first. If no result, just apply for a replacement card with the new address.