COS Denied from F1-H1B,

vishal2286

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure that my CPT was legit. I went to an accredited school and attended all classes with a 3.9 GPA..

That has nothing to do with CPT being legit.

CPT is ONLY for work as integral part of the curriculum. If it wasn't, it wasn't legit.

Once you have grown up, you will realize that my posts are helpful.

And you still haven't answered my questions:

So, why did you do it, then???

Are you always doing unethical things, and then acting surprised if it comes back to bite you???

Did you think the authorities in the US are so st*pid they wouldn't know or care?

Cheap excuses or trying to avoid the hard questions doesn't help you.

Or are you also going to say the same thing you said to me to the officer at the consulate???

What is better, reading and answering the hard questions here, or in front of the officer???

Anybody who has grown up knows the answer. You obviously don't, ergo, you are an immature child.

Hi jairichi,

I hope so too. The school has even given me a letter saying that there is no provision to provide the document that the USCIS has cited in the denial notice. I also have a letter directly addressed to the VO saying that I had submitted all required docs before starting working for them and my status was legal throughout. Furthermore, it states that I would have not gotten a revised I-20 had I not submitted the required docs. So, I have everything to back up the fact that my status was totally legal. I am just worried that the VO might not be in a mood to listen to my defense. 

@rahul412: Not at all. There were many people who had come in from other countries to get their degrees only and were not working. They did start working later on but, that is because CPT is a part of their curriculum and they had the option to do so. At that point, some of them took a semester break and those who had local internships, registered for the permissible number of credits.

Hi jairichi,

I hope so too. The school has even given me a letter saying that there is no provision to provide the document that the USCIS has cited in the denial notice. I also have a letter directly addressed to the VO saying that I had submitted all required docs before starting working for them and my status was legal throughout. Furthermore, it states that I would have not gotten a revised I-20 had I not submitted the required docs. So, I have everything to back up the fact that my status was totally legal. I am just worried that the VO might not be in a mood to listen to my defense. 

@rahul412: Not at all. There were many people who had come in from other countries to get their degrees only and were not working. They did start working later on but, that is because CPT is a part of their curriculum and they had the option to do so. At that point, some of them took a semester break and those who had local internships, registered for the permissible number of credits.

AFAIK, CPT is part of F1 program that means a course needs practical training so everyone should take that training. If only few ppl took CPT for a particular course then something should be wrong or I am wrong.

Your status is legal, what USCIS wants to know is whether your CPT work is legal or not. You still didn't answer the question,

your CPT and H1 job are one and same?

So, you are confirming that the CPT was fraudulent.

If CPT is part of the curriculum, people would not have an "option" to do it or not.

CPT has to be an integral part of the curriculum, not something optional.

It really isn't rocket science...

Hi jairichi,

All I can say is good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived