Successful H1B stamping after 221G - Ottawa - Oct 6th

arju20

Hi all,

First of all, Thank You everyone for your posts/experiences. They helped a lot !

I had my interview for my H1B extension stamping at Ottawa on 6th Oct. I was the first person to be interviewed in the Consulate that day. My DS160 was stamped with "No PIMS". Following is how the interview went.

Me: Good Morning Officer

VO: Good Morning. (looking at my I797) Who is your employer?

Me: ABC

VO: Do you have an end client? If yes, do you have a letter from your client?

Me: Yes. (And I provided him the client letter)

VO: (After reading through it) can you give me your employer letter, I129, LCA, Paystubs?

Me: Gave him the requested documentation

VO: I am approving your visa but we will need to do some further review in your case. You'll hear back from us in a week or so. (Gave me the 221G form)

Me: Is there any other info which I can provide now?

VO: No. Thank You

Me: Thanks.

I went into the Consulate at 7:15AM and out by 7:55AM. My client was contacted by phone on Tuesday afternoon. On Thursday (9th Oct) around 3PM, my status was changed to "Issued". Picked up my passport on Friday morning. One more guy who had the same experience as me on Oct 6th got his passport too on Friday.

P.S: Hotels in Ottawa downtown are costly (around 120$ per day). As I drove to Ottawa, I booked my room along with another guy through AirBnB. It cost us, together, $185 for one week. So, in case your commute within Ottawa is flexible, I suggest you to use AirBnB to book your lodging. It saves significant amount of money.

Good Luck !

Hi all,

First of all, Thank You everyone for your posts/experiences. They helped a lot !

I had my interview for my H1B extension stamping at Ottawa on 6th Oct. I was the first person to be interviewed in the Consulate that day. My DS160 was stamped with "No PIMS". Following is how the interview went.

Me: Good Morning Officer

VO: Good Morning. (looking at my I797) Who is your employer?

Me: ABC

VO: Do you have an end client? If yes, do you have a letter from your client?

Me: Yes. (And I provided him the client letter)

VO: (After reading through it) can you give me your employer letter, I129, LCA, Paystubs?

Me: Gave him the requested documentation

VO: I am approving your visa but we will need to do some further review in your case. You'll hear back from us in a week or so. (Gave me the 221G form)

Me: Is there any other info which I can provide now?

VO: No. Thank You

Me: Thanks.

I went into the Consulate at 7:15AM and out by 7:55AM. My client was contacted by phone on Tuesday afternoon. On Thursday (9th Oct) around 3PM, my status was changed to "Issued". Picked up my passport on Friday morning. One more guy who had the same experience as me on Oct 6th got his passport too on Friday.

P.S: Hotels in Ottawa downtown are costly (around 120$ per day). As I drove to Ottawa, I booked my room along with another guy through AirBnB. It cost us, together, $185 for one week. So, in case your commute within Ottawa is flexible, I suggest you to use AirBnB to book your lodging. It saves significant amount of money.

Good Luck !

This is really sad, what if clients do not give a letter? how do those ppl clear out their 221g?

Congratulations!! Did you get any response from the consulate after you sent documents that they have asked for? I got 221g in Toronto and sent them the docs they have asked for I got no response except for the automated reply.

@waj009,

I was never asked any documents from the consulate after my interview. They took my documents during the interview and returned to me in mail along with the stamped passport.

Archived