Job change to a consulting firm working at client location

rcham

Hi,

I have priority date of Nov, 2009 in EB2 that was filed by a Fortune 100 firm. Used AC21 to port to another Fortune 50 firm after 180 days of filing I 485. New company attorney also sent AC21 and G28 to USCIS. I have been maintaining H1b though I have EAD.

Now my company has unfortunately laid off lot of positions including mine. I found a job with a large IT services firm that is willing to place me at a client location. The contract is expected to be long term (2-3 years). They also gave me a letter mentioning job duties (similar to my GC labor), title and salary mentioning its a full time permanent position.

1. Can I use EAD with AC21 provision and start working at this consulting firm. My main concern is does it matter that my job is performed at client location? Once this contract ends, they will  find me a new position. Is this good basis for GC sponsorship? The offer letter they gave me mentions I am their full time employee.

2. They mentioned a yearly salary on the offer letter as I requested, but they will be paying me on a hourly basis. Does it matter whether yearly salary is mentioned or a hourly rate on AC21 letter?

3.Should I send AC21 letter before joining the new firm or after joining the new firm? Does it have to be done before my old company revokes my H1B? Or I can send AC21 sometime later in 2-3 months, though my H1B may be revoked by then.

Thank you

Archived