221G Again: Jamaica: EVC: Is h1b denied?

winner21

Hello Friends,

As you all know, i am stuck in Jamaica with a 221g. i am in EVC model.

My friend also received a 221g today, he is also EVC and even had client letter with him.

VO's here are acting strange and he was not given any reason for this 221g slip that was issued to him today...he was asked about client name, employer name, client letter, and last 1 month pay-stub and that's it.

After following all these forums etc, we came to Jamaica and are now stuck. I wish we would have gone to India, now the only flight out of here is also around $3000 per person because we don't have london/germany/canada visa's. I would suggest people to learn from our mistake and avoid these foreign world consulates at all costs.

Our visitor jamaica is also only for 30 days and we don't know what future holds for us, moving out of new kingston area is risky and we are already short on funds here :(

Why you and your friends only receiving 221g not other members?

Hello Friends,

As you all know, i am stuck in Jamaica with a 221g. i am in EVC model.

My friend also received a 221g today, he is also EVC and even had client letter with him.

VO's here are acting strange and he was not given any reason for this 221g slip that was issued to him today...he was asked about client name, employer name, client letter, and last 1 month pay-stub and that's it.

After following all these forums etc, we came to Jamaica and are now stuck. I wish we would have gone to India, now the only flight out of here is also around $3000 per person because we don't have london/germany/canada visa's. I would suggest people to learn from our mistake and avoid these foreign world consulates at all costs.

Our visitor jamaica is also only for 30 days and we don't know what future holds for us, moving out of new kingston area is risky and we are already short on funds here :(

Hope for the best. Just contact consulate through email. It might be just administrative processing. Share accommodation with others to workout on your funds.

I know one case who got 221G but received his visa in 3 days. 

Good Luck!!

All: we are not from rich families with affluent parents, so running out of funds (even with $75 per person shared accommodation: remember we also have to eat as humans + use basic utilities :electric/water/internet) secondly we are receiving 221g as previously stated for no obvious reason, so that's the reason we are asking you experts to shed some light on this heinous issue....so before you all start questioning on irrelevant things, focus on giving us some help.

@Winner21 - I understand your concern. I also went thru the same in Jan'13, however I was lucky to pass thru 221g in 4 weeks time in Canada. In that process, I sent about 150 pages of various documents to US consulates and US consulate even interviewed my client manager.  I stayed put until it's approved.

If you can't sustain any longer there, then you better withdraw that H1b application. And then go to home country.

You have a choice to re-apply again from home country consulate. Make sure that time, you have all the required papers.

OR

Find a good employer and get H1b (cap exempt) filed. Once approved, go to US consulate. This is much cleaner option as the previous H1b petition is somewhat challenged and has a history now.

All: we are not from rich families with affluent parents, so running out of funds (even with $75 per person shared accommodation: remember we also have to eat as humans + use basic utilities :electric/water/internet) secondly we are receiving 221g as previously stated for no obvious reason, so that's the reason we are asking you experts to shed some light on this heinous issue....so before you all start questioning on irrelevant things, focus on giving us some help.

Well, you are on H1, so you should get a decent salary that should be more than enough to cover the stay there.

In any case, these are things you should have thought of before going on a risky trip to a third country. It is well known that stamping in a third country has a lot of risks.

Now you may have to spend a lot more money to get a flight to your home country that doesn't go through the US.

If you are running out of funds, how are you going to pay for that?

Really looking for help, then

1. Find full time employment

2. Attend the interview at your home country next time.

As replied earlier you can do nothing other than wait for administrative processing to complete and there is no set time frame for that.

Interviewed your client manager? Are you joking with me my friend? Why would a top-notch director or manager talk with these consulate VO's?

No, Toronto consulate officer placed a call to my boss, IT Director. But my boss was in meeting, so returned the call during lunch time. They asked few questions - whether I really work there stuff like that and if I really have a job for next 3 years as client letter said. Only after he gave satisfactory responses, they issued me the Visa. 

• 2 weeks later...

Visa Interview on 14th, Oct at US Embassy in Jamaica. Resulting in 221G.

VO issued 221G because my masters and my job are not in the same field.

Working on EVC model.

I am almost done with my second masters, this time in IT, told that to the VO. Also showed her the certification I have in the technology I am working on. It was very clear that with my second masters (IT) and my certification I am qualified enough. But the VO gave a pink slip.

So, the bottom line, stamping in Jamaica is not a cakewalk. If you have a masters in IT and are working in the same field, its cool, no problem. Else, be prepared for a 221G, especially with this one female VO.

Saw another case, same VO, same result, on the next day.

Not a scare, just facts.

Archived