Question regarding W2's

bunny1212

Hi,

Experts please help...

I worked for  2 employers in last year. I worked for about 2 months(Jan and Feb) for  1st employer and after I have moved to another employer and started working from March. So I have 2 W2's in the last year.

When I am applying for H1b in last year I dint mentioned my 1st employer experience in my resume, I stated that I am working for 2nd employer from Feb itself.

1) Now I am going for visa stamping. If VO asks my W2's do i need to show both the W2s or only the 2nd employer W2?

2) If I show 2nd employer W2's my annual salary in that W2 is below 50K. Will that effect to me?

3) OR If i show both the W2s, is there any chance that VO will ask me why dint I mention the 1st employer experience in my resume.

4) Currently I am working remotely, according to client rule I can work from any where in US. And my LCA is filled for the location where I am currently working. If VO asks where do you work then what should I say, Do I need to say my employer location or my LCA location?

Thanks in Advance..

Thank you for your prompt responses.

My W2 amount is less than my LCA amount, because from 2nd company my payroll was started from April. So, It doesn't show my annual income. If they ask why dint you get paid for march month, then can I say I was in a training period at that time?

Can I update my resume now by keeping my 1st employer experience? Will VO have my previous resume?

Thanks

A lot of contradiction b/w jairichi and omshiv --> i simply fail to understand why does a VO dig so much deeper into old year files for a beneficiary, if the beneficiary is getting paid properly as per lca etc on time with current employer, whats all this got to do with looking at his old 2-3-4 employers and calculating every penny they paid for every hour he worked, is this a joke? 

Thank you for your prompt responses.

My W2 amount is less than my LCA amount, because from 2nd company my payroll was started from April. So, It doesn't show my annual income. If they ask why dint you get paid for march month, then can I say I was in a training period at that time?

On H1, you need to get paid ALL THE TIME. Even if you get training!

That's the LAW!

A lot of contradiction b/w jairichi and omshiv --> i simply fail to understand why does a VO dig so much deeper into old year files for a beneficiary, if the beneficiary is getting paid properly as per lca etc on time with current employer, whats all this got to do with looking at his old 2-3-4 employers and calculating every penny they paid for every hour he worked, is this a joke? 

You may not understand it, but they do that.

The officers can dig into your whole history in the US. And they do that if they think there is something fishy going on.

The issue is that a past violation of the immigration laws doesn't go away by currently not violating the laws.

VOs always wants to make sure you maintained status in US. It is part of their job. It is not as you said that they "calculate every penny paid for every hour OP worked" but they match LCA with pay stubs and W2s. And, ocassionally they go beyond a year or two if they feel something amiss. It does not happen for everyone but they do if they suspect something.

Hi,

Yes, I got paid every day in H1.

I am talking about the month April, at that time i was in OPT.

And I switched the employer in the month of March, but my resume says that i was working from Feb, Can i say that i moved to the new employer in the last week of Feb.

Thanks.

VOs always wants to make sure you maintained status in US. It is part of their job. It is not as you said that they "calculate every penny paid for every hour OP worked" but they match LCA with pay stubs and W2s. And, ocassionally they go beyond a year or two if they feel something amiss. It does not happen for everyone but they do if they suspect something.

I personally know fraudsters who have successfully evaded all this fiasco and before you jump the gun on me with 'ban' and other 'threats' as if you guys actually govern the US, let me tell you that if every VO started digging every month and every w2 for every desi consultancy h1b candidate, more than 80% will get 221g and denials, PERIOD !

@winner21 - if VO suspects one thing, unfortunately it's true that they dig real deep. I gave you the run down of my experience in Jan'13 at Toronto. To clear my 221g mess, I sent 150 pages of documents. My client manager was also interviewed. And the mistake on my part was a real trivial one. I referenced future petition # in DS-160. That's all and I was caught and put thru real grilling process. I was lucky to come out of it. 

I am sure everyone of us here understand your concern.

I personally know fraudsters who have successfully evaded all this fiasco and before you jump the gun on me with 'ban' and other 'threats' as if you guys actually govern the US, let me tell you that if every VO started digging every month and every w2 for every desi consultancy h1b candidate, more than 80% will get 221g and denials, PERIOD !

So, why did you not report these fraudsters to the authorities then???

Are you complicit in the fraud?

Do you understand the meaning of the word "occasionally"? I never said "for every visa application". And, I agree with you other point that some escape because of luck.

I have seen personally whose H1 was approved and later revoked when USCIS came to know that some fraud activity was going on. Bottom line, if you follow the rules then your H1 is safe.

@winner21 - if VO suspects one thing, unfortunately it's true that they dig real deep. I gave you the run down of my experience in Jan'13 at Toronto. To clear my 221g mess, I sent 150 pages of documents. My client manager was also interviewed. And the mistake on my part was a real trivial one. I referenced future petition # in DS-160. That's all and I was caught and put thru real grilling process. I was lucky to come out of it. 

I am sure everyone of us here understand your concern.

Name those 150 pages of documents...don't fabricate stuff !

Lol a big lol at you rahul412 : i know peons yeah you read it right peons with 33k LCA getting green cards with all sorts of missing documentation, and yeah h1b stamps were always a joke for them with whatever truck loads of garbage paper they generated themselves..so your revoke story is nothing but a joke.

Believe it or not, that's up to you. What I mentioned was true.

Lol a big lol at you rahul412 : i know peons yeah you read it right peons with 33k LCA getting green cards with all sorts of missing documentation, and yeah h1b stamps were always a joke for them with whatever truck loads of garbage paper they generated themselves..so your revoke story is nothing but a joke.

Yeah right. You know how much others make. They told you, eh? And you believe it...

Or are you the employer? Because that's the only ay to know how much somebody is earning.

If you know of fraud, why don't you report it?

Instead, you just post BS on some forum...

Name those 150 pages of documents...don't fabricate stuff !

Dude - relax...here is for your reading...take a sip of coffee...

Email communication from US Consulate @ Toronto:

1st email on Thu 10th Jan morning

1. A copy of the employment contract or letter of agreement signed by you and the petitioner;

2. A copy of the contract between the U.S. employment agency (petitioner) and the job site (the location where you will actually work);

3. A letter (on letterhead) from the job site stating that there is a vacancy for you.

4. Copies of all pay slips and monthly bank statements for the last 6 months;

5. Your federal income tax returns and W-2 form for tax years 2011, and 2010.

Sent all the docs requested thru email Thu night. My HR dept. submitted H-1B petition, so didn't have lawyer. I called my GC lawyer and she recommended to submit docs thru mail / in person. Thru mail, it would have taken Mon evening and in person, next Tue as in person appearance for 221-G cases was allowed only on Tue and Thu between certain time in the morning and in the noon time. So finally, I decided to email all the docs.

2nd email on Fri 11th Jan afternoon

Please provide, in addition, Form I-797 Notice of Approval of your current petition

, since the petition , you have submitted initially, will become valid on .

Also, please, provide a proof that you have approved an immigrant visa petition.

Sent all the docs requested immediately. When I received this email, I understood the concern of VO and why he could not grant me the visa. While filling up DS-160, I referenced future petition instead of current petition.

3rd email on Fri 11th Jan after half an hour

Please clarify if any of your bank statements show salary payments from your petitioner.

Sent bank statements with salary deposit row highlighted immediately. 

4th email on Fri 11th Jan around 4 PM

Please provide a proof (other than already submitted earning statements) that the deposits come from the petitioner.

Sent the check images (available online in Bank of America) of salary deposit immediately. 

Dude - relax...here is for your reading...take a sip of coffee...

Email communication from US Consulate @ Toronto:

1st email on Thu 10th Jan morning

1. A copy of the employment contract or letter of agreement signed by you and the petitioner;

2. A copy of the contract between the U.S. employment agency (petitioner) and the job site (the location where you will actually work);

3. A letter (on letterhead) from the job site stating that there is a vacancy for you.

4. Copies of all pay slips and monthly bank statements for the last 6 months;

5. Your federal income tax returns and W-2 form for tax years 2011, and 2010.

Sent all the docs requested thru email Thu night. My HR dept. submitted H-1B petition, so didn't have lawyer. I called my GC lawyer and she recommended to submit docs thru mail / in person. Thru mail, it would have taken Mon evening and in person, next Tue as in person appearance for 221-G cases was allowed only on Tue and Thu between certain time in the morning and in the noon time. So finally, I decided to email all the docs.

2nd email on Fri 11th Jan afternoon

Please provide, in addition, Form I-797 Notice of Approval of your current petition

, since the petition , you have submitted initially, will become valid on .

Also, please, provide a proof that you have approved an immigrant visa petition.

Sent all the docs requested immediately. When I received this email, I understood the concern of VO and why he could not grant me the visa. While filling up DS-160, I referenced future petition instead of current petition.

3rd email on Fri 11th Jan after half an hour

Please clarify if any of your bank statements show salary payments from your petitioner.

Sent bank statements with salary deposit row highlighted immediately. 

4th email on Fri 11th Jan around 4 PM

Please provide a proof (other than already submitted earning statements) that the deposits come from the petitioner.

Sent the check images (available online in Bank of America) of salary deposit immediately. 

Sounds like a criminal investigation, feel sorry for you dude, this is really pathetic

Sounds like a criminal investigation, feel sorry for you dude, this is really pathetic

Not pathetic at all.

What IS pathetic is that some shady employers fake things so that unfortunately, such requests as seen here are necessary.

So, blame the fraud employers. THEY are the ones who force USCIS and the consulates to make the H1 harder every day. And of course, the people who sign up with such fraud employers are also to blame.

Not pathetic at all.

What IS pathetic is that some shady employers fake things so that unfortunately, such requests as seen here are necessary.

So, blame the fraud employers. THEY are the ones who force USCIS and the consulates to make the H1 harder every day. And of course, the people who sign up with such fraud employers are also to blame.

I got 221g and had to submit this long list of documents due to my own mistake in filing DS-160. My employer has nothing to do with 221g. 

Archived