DS 160 - Has your visa been cancelled or revoked?

appa.takkar

Hello Friends,

I am trying to rebook my appoinment with the US consulate in Chennai with a different employer and have some questions in the DS-160. My case was rejected under 221g E-E relationshp in March 2011.

1. Which option should I select.

a) Resident of India

b) Indian resident living in the USA.

Its not been 6 months since I came to India from the USA and the form specifically says that I have to mention the place where I have resided for atleast 6 months. In that case it would be the US. Can someone please confirm?

2. Has your US visa ever been cancelled or revoked?

I came to US on a F1 and then converted to H1. I have got stamped twice for H1 in Canada and everytime I went for stamping, the consulate officer would stamp my previous expired visa with " CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE" and gave me a new visa. So should I answer "YES" or "NO" to this question. I know I have to answer "YES" to an other question that asks if my US visa has ever been refused, but I am confused about this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am sure plenty of folks here would have rebooked appoinments after visa denials.

Thanks a lot Sanjivvinaik. Have one more question.

My visa was refused with my old employer and sent back to USCIS in March. I am still working from home for my old employer since the petition has not yet been revoked by USCIS. Now what should I mention in the DS-160 work information for the new appoinment?

Current employer - New employer or the old employer with whom the visa was refused?

Previous Employer - If I mention the old employer here what will be the end date? Should I put the date I departed the US?

Archived