H4 EAD Rule progress

sireesha815

Hi,

There was lot of noise until few weeks back on this rule about opening for comments. And the comments period was over during the period of July. Do we know where does this stand as of now, and what progress it is making. now-a-days there is no talk about it.

Here is the link about the rule that I was mentioning about.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=USCIS-2010-0017-0001

Thanks !

Hi,

There was lot of noise until few weeks back on this rule about opening for comments. And the comments period was over during the period of July. Do we know where does this stand as of now, and what progress it is making. now-a-days there is no talk about it.

Here is the link about the rule that I was mentioning about.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=USCIS-2010-0017-0001

Thanks !

For now, its gone.

NO..forget this rule...there is no such rule which will be implemented...

And, your comment is based on what? I think you have a prett negative attitude towards people asking about the positive immigration news. I would advise you to keep your frustrations to yourself.

About the H4 EAD rule, the comment period is over and it may just get implemented based on all the postive comments, it received. I don't need this rule, but I will be very happy a lot of people struggling to work because fo visa restrictions.

And, your comment is based on what? I think you have a prett negative attitude towards people asking about the positive immigration news. I would advise you to keep your frustrations to yourself.

About the H4 EAD rule, the comment period is over and it may just get implemented based on all the postive comments, it received. I don't need this rule, but I will be very happy a lot of people struggling to work because fo visa restrictions.

They look at all comments, not just the positive ones.

It is obvious that people who would benefit from it have positive comments, so their comments may be discounted.

Negative comments probably had focused on the effect on the labor market. Every time a large number of people can enter the labor market, and work in any job, there is likely to be a negative impact on wages, for example.

It is about looking at the overall picture, not just on what helps you personally.

So, reality check: this proposal is not likely to go anywhere. I personally would have something like it enacted, but I would like to have lots of immigration proposals enacted, like a comprehensive immigration reform. It's unlikely to happen, though, in the current political climate.

They look at all comments, not just the positive ones.

It is obvious that people who would benefit from it have positive comments, so their comments may be discounted.

Negative comments probably had focused on the effect on the labor market. Every time a large number of people can enter the labor market, and work in any job, there is likely to be a negative impact on wages, for example.

It is about looking at the overall picture, not just on what helps you personally.

So, reality check: this proposal is not likely to go anywhere. I personally would have something like it enacted, but I would like to have lots of immigration proposals enacted, like a comprehensive immigration reform. It's unlikely to happen, though, in the current political climate.

JoeF, Thank you for your response. yes, I agree with you on Comprehensive Immigration Reform, which is mother of all immigration changes currently in US, and personally it is much needed. I too was waiting for the same, but looking at the grim situation, don't think Politicians here are going to take any action on it, and I wish I am wrong.

And going back to the actual topic on H4 EAD rule, based on your reply, I understand that it is not part of CIR Bill, and USCIS is still reviewing the comments/feedback. so we just need to wait on outcome. Do we know what is the time frame that we are looking at for the outcome on the feedback/comments from USCIS?  does not matter positive or negative. 

Thanks !

They can take as much time as they want. And given the delay tactics on immigration stuff that the current administration shows, I don't expect anything anytime soon.

Certainly not before the elections. Obama already delayed any executive orders on immigration until after the election, because some Democrats think that anything positive on immigration would hurt their re-election chances. A decision to allow people on H4 to work would certainly be blasted big-time by Republicans and could give the antis an edge.

Archived