I140 status is pending and company is declared acquisition.

jkgc

My current company filed I-140 on 15OCT2010 under regular processing, having priority date of June 2010. The status of I-140 is still pending. Recently my company acquired by another company. Following are few doubts/confusion that I need to clarify:

Q1: After merge, my job title, responsibility and location will be unchanged. So, in this situition should my priority date remain same or it will change because of pending status of I-140?

Q2: I am having another 1 month before transition finalized. Is it advisable at this point of time to process the pending I-140 under premium?

If any one having similar situition or experienced with similar case then please gime me your input.

In advance, I would like to thank you for yoru time.

Regards.

Thanks Belle for your response.

I checked with attorney and I was told that everything will be a smooth transition if I-140 is in approved status. Attorney is not telling anything about the case when I-140 is pending. I just checked the status on line at "https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do" where the status is mentioned as "initial review".

Does any one know "how long it will take to reach a decission in my case"?

Next thing I would like to get an opinion whether it is advisable or worth to go for premium at this point of time. I have 45 days remaining for company acquisition.

Thank you all for your time.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi,

I have an I140 pending with current employer A. My company is getting by another employer B in 60 days.

My current priority date is Jan 2011.

If the new company B is going to re apply for my LC and I140 can I still use my old priority date.

Do I have to get my current I 140 with Company approved with premium processing to be able to use my old priority date.

Thanks in advance!!

Archived